Some questions before buying a Eee Note EA800

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by DrNaBl, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fax92

Fax92 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello.
    I've been searching a tablet that meets my need for six months, from the first time I heard about eeeNote, but it just doesn't exist.
    I'm writing here because for the first time in six months I've read something about the problems of a backlit screen on a tablet that wants to be also an ebook.
    What I want is an Android/Linux/whatever OS, with a capacitive touchscreen, no back light and the possibility of reading and writing at the same time.
    Considering that now we have tons of pen-based tablets, that even allows you to rest your hand on the screen while writing, and that they are not as expensive as an iPad, I can't believe that nobody thought to use a Pixel Qi screen that allows you to have an LCD framerate without back light...

You think I should buy an eeeNote or wait for someone to build something like this?

(I'm sorry for my poor English)

2. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

If you think an eeeNote is a tool you can use why wait. I am sure annotation and note taking will be included in future tablets but nobody can tell you when and if they will fit your needs.

I loved my eeeNote and bought another one because my 1st one was defective. Still nothing on the market that is better for note taking then the eeeNote, and certainly not when you include the price tag in your considerations.
    Read the reviews and decide if it is worth the money as it stands today.

3. Fax92

Fax92 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you T_B
    My problem with the eeeNote is that I need to read ebooks too, and to switch instantly from reading to writing.
    The reviews I've read say that it can't, because it's not what is designed for, so I don't know if it's worth the money...:confused:

4. HuxFlux

HuxFlux Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think you would be disappointed with the note taking and also how you can work with the ebooks just as if you had them printed out. But it is true that you can't multi task with it. If that is something you keep as an important feature, it might be better to wait and see what the future brings.

5. MasterKuni

MasterKuni Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the screen size ever a bothersome limitation to heavy note-takers?

I've always taken notes on a standard sized 8.5x11" sheet, so I'm afraid of finding the 8" screen too small.

6. HuxFlux

HuxFlux Pen Pal - Newbie

I used A4 (8.3x11.7") sized note pads before for my notes and calculations. Can't say I feel limited by the size of the smaller screen.

An example of the notes I've done. Needed little more then two pages to finish this calculation, that would normally have fitted on a single A4 page.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Adding a new page goes almost instantly, so you are not interrupted in your flow of work.

7. T_B

Best way to switch fast from reading to writing is to have two separate devices or a device with two screens like the Entourage Edge.
    You could buy one eeenote to see if you like it enough and buy another one later. It is something I might do as well.

8. MasterKuni

I'm almost sold on this thing. What's the best way to go about purchasing one? PCHome? Ebay? What's considered a good price?

9. T_B

I bought my 1st and 2nd eeenote from an ebay seller called buyshoptw. Price is currently US $269.00.
    I bought it from him because he has the highest service ratings (100%).
    He is a bit more expensive than other sellers like funnybom that sells it for US $262.00. His rating is 99.6 % so that is also pretty good and trustworthy.

You might be getting it for less if you are into bidding. I only "buy it now".

10. MasterKuni

One last thing and maybe the most important - what's writing on the tablet actually like? It doesn't sound as clicky clacky as the N-trig pens.