1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Solved: Restored Wacom digitizer pressure sensitivity to tx2500 (tx2524ca) after Windows 7 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mediumlebowski, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mediumlebowski

mediumlebowski Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry for creating a separate thread, but there are so many threads about this topic already...

I recently upgraded the operating system on my hp tx2500 tablet pc (tx2524ca) from 64bit Vista Home Premium (+ Bloatware) to 64bit Windows 7 Professional. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    But... like a lot of people I lost pressure sensitivity in Photoshop (32bit CS5, 64bit CS5, 32bit Elements2, don't laugh) & OpenCanvas4.5ePlus, although not in MS Office 2007 or pen tablet input.
    tx2500 series have Wacom TabletPC Digitizer, so that appeared to be the issue.
    I tried pretty much everything i could find on the web, nothing worked. until...

...basically I found the solution on this thread here, full credit goes to "Wacom" and "animation_nerd", i'm gonna copy and paste but with a few of my additions:
    Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH • View topic - HP 2730p 32 bit app pressure

SOLVED:
    What I did:

Clean install of Windows 7 64bit

Leave all installed pen and tablet drivers untouched in device manager (don't need to disable or delete)

download most up-to-date TabletPC Driver. US site is:
    Wacom Hardware Drivers
    Europe-English site is:
    Wacom Europe GmbH - Support - Driver

as of present, most current driver version is 7.0.1.8 (Date= 02-Nov-2010). name of file is isd701-8_int.exe or ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe depending on site downloaded from. but wacom continually updates it

Install tabletpc driver. Restart.

But... apparantly "the installer does not install the proper dll's in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, It only installs the 64 bit driver in there."

So, unzip the Driver package. to do this, I copied and pasted the driver download package file, renamed extension from .exe to .zip, then unzipped the driver package

Locate 2 files in ISD_DualTouch_701-8\System32\64\32\

(ISD_Tablet.dll,Wintab32.dll)

copy and paste these 2 files into to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
    (I archived the existing Wintab32.dll, it appeared to be the version of the file located in ISD_DualTouch_701-8\System32\64
    -apparently you can't have both versions present???)

-Restart
    -Pressure sensitivity restored!!! Happy Photoshopping!!!!

All my pressure sensitivity seems to be restored. Note that I have disabled the touch function on my screen (it interfered with my pen use) so I can't comment if it works or not.
    :D
  2. mediumlebowski

Comments? better ways to do it? please let me know, i'm keeping my fingers crossed this works!!!
  3. mediumlebowski

once again, full credit goes to "animation_nerd" !!!!!! on wacom forum!!!
  4. mediumlebowski