Solved - No Photoshop pressure sensitivity OR no full tablet support on HP TX2000/ TX2500

Discussion in 'Software' started by miim, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miim

miim Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a new HP tx2620 tablet yesterday (I think it's the same as the tx2000\2500). Which worked wonderfully. Except there was no pressure sensitivity at photoshop.
    Searching these forums and the rest of the internet, I followed advice and tried to install various versions of the wacom drivers, which worked for photoshop, but removed support for microsoft applications, causing the pen to be identified as a mouse or something like that.
    After jogging with the different drivers (both wacom and original) and trying other things (which didn't work), I managed to bring the computer back to its original state (everything works but photoshop pressure sensitivity).

After a little more reading, I tried to run photoshop in compatibility mode (windows XP). It worked just fine.
    to do this, right-click on the photoshop shortcut\executable -> properties -> compatibility, then mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (service pack 2)".

I hope this information will be helpful. I've seen more than one complaint of the type, and some of them weren't solved.

I'm not sure if this is an tx2*** specific solution, or a general tablet-pc one, so I'm posting it here, hoping it's the right place.

~MiiM

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

You might want to change the title. When I originally read this, I thought you meant for the HP TX2, which is NTrig based. Maybe change it to TX2000/ TX2500 to avoid confusion.

3. geostant

geostant Pen Pal - Newbie

I've the same problem, but no go
    I've tried to run Photoshop on compatible mode as you advised
    but I still don't have the pressure option.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks G.

4. frenchfragger

frenchfragger Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought the same as kpvic

5. kritzler

kritzler Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi geostant,

I fixed this problem with installing the vista driver from wacom for tablet pc´s. Give it a try :)

6. labeeb

labeeb Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought a used HP Pavilion tx2000 & it has windows 7 installed. The pressure sensitivity works in Artrage but doesn't work in Photoshop CS2 or even in Photoshop 7 :( I get this triangle with exclamation mark in pen pressure options of the brush. I tried running Photoshop CS2 with XP SP2 compatibility but that didn't fix the problem either. I've read here that sometimes updating the drivers causes some unanticipated problems so I'm a little concerned. Can any one suggest anything. Should I install drivers & which ones if so. Do I just download & install them or update them from somewhere? Would they make the pen functionality and/or the 'touch' go away?
    Also the eraser on the pen doesn't work, although it brings this eraser icon. But I think I can live with that if it's not solvable.