SOLVED (manually) Windows 10 + Fujitsu + Wacom = Big Fail

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by luc, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Today I've tried Win10 and palm rejection again.
    I don't know why it didn't worked the first time I tried but now I've also got working palm rejection and functional touch input on my T902.

But I can confirm that palm rejection behaves different in Windows 10. The palm rejection now only disables touch on one of the sides next to the pen tip. You can choose your writing hand in the Windows pen settings. This way touch will only be disabled for your writing hand and keeps working on the other side of the pen tip. If you are switching between writing hands or drawing at different angles from the natural position or rotating the device with disabled auto-rotation then you are screwed up.
    But it has the benefit that you don't have to lift the pen out of range for pressing buttons in software using your other hand. Though it doesn't provide the ability to use toolbars as modifiers for the pen like the popular art-docks. As soon as the pen tip gets pressed touch will be disabled completely.
    MS should provide an option in the settings for enabling full touch rejection again.

To get palm rejection back on the T902:
    - Simply uninstall the automatic installed Wacom driver (currently v7.3.1-7)
    - Restart Windows. Palm rejection should be working again, also touch should behave correct now
    - To get the Wacom control panel back install the lastest working driver (v7.2.0-10). I've uploaded it in the past here. Maybe you have to install it in Windows 7/8 compatibillity mode, for me it worked without now.
    - Restart Windows
    - Maybe you have to prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing a new driver version and breaking everthing again following one of the tutorials in the web.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

After yet another Windows 10 reinstall, got palm rejection working with latest 7.3.2-12 Wacom driver on my T734. I first tried Fujitsu driver, rolled back due to unsatisfactory palm rejection, immediately installed Wacom - and voila, it was working. However, the pen was obviously wrongly recognized, eraser was acting as a nib and the Wacom Pen menu looked differently. After trying to resolve this problem, I lost palm rejection with Wacom drivers completely. Reinstalling doesn't help at all )'=

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  3. Chri

Chri Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a fujitsu T730. I have also problems with the pen driver. I have very disappointed that Microsoft tells you that the Laptop is ready for windows 10, and after the update you realise that actually it is a big fail. Anyway. I can confirm that the driver v 7.2.0-10 is working for the T730. What I have not figure out is how to prevent the automatic update of the driver which breaks again everything. What is the best solution?

4. Starlight5

5. Chri

Chri Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I had run that utility. It suggested several updates. Among them. Fujitsu FUJ02E3 and FUJ02B1. As I did not know which one to block, I just did a normal restart to see if the driver 7.2.0-10 would be overwritten again. When windows 10 was shutting down, it indicated some updates were installing, no idea whether this is related.

After restart, it seems to be working. But I am confused:
    - I have a wacom driver 3.1.05.
    - when I start pen calibration utiliy I get the wacom 7.2.0.10, so it seems it was not overwritten this time.
    I did not block/hide any update.
    Will keep posted if there are problems again.

6. Starlight5

@Chri these are not connected to Wacom Digitizer, you should allow them. You need to uninstall the Wacom driver completely (or roll back to previous version right after it was updated), then install the correct version and check for updates - and only the run the software I linked, to block certain update you don't need. If everything now is working as you want it, though - save your time and leave it alone. (=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.