SOLVED (manually) Windows 10 + Fujitsu + Wacom = Big Fail

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by luc, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luc

luc Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh great, Windows 10 was launched... oh great, we have these cool tablet Pcs from Fujitsu with Wacom technology to let our creativity fly while sketching or taking notes?

Not so fast my friend!
    You will have to fly low... really low because palm rejection does not work anymore.

Sure, install the latest Wacom Feel drivers that Wacom made for Windows 10... :rolleyes: keep dancing mambo with your palm and pen.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Funny I've palm rejection problem even though my pen is writing on the surface. Whenever I touch the screen with my finger (pen still in contact with the screen), the system registers stray marks from where I touched. This does not happen in W8.1

I didn't use a Fujitsu, it occurred on my penable wacom external display (LT1423p). I wonder whether it's the same problem. Interestingly, the palm rejection works on the right side of the pen but not on the left side. Good for right hand users.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

yeah, Windows 10 is so new I'm not sure Fujitsu is to blame here, aren't all tabletPC's using Wacom EMR are having this issue? Or have other manufacturer's managed to get their own Wacom drivers out already for win10?

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

According to my source at Wacom, palm rejection is handled by the OS and Windows 10 is still "buggy" in this respect.

In the meantime, use software that allows you to turn off touch input (without affecting multitouch gestures). Manga Studio, Mischief, Sketchable all work this way.

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Just wait a few more weeks with the Win10 upgrade. Thats what I will do ;)

Starlight5 likes this.
  6. luc

luc Pen Pal - Newbie

c
    Well, my Asus Vivotab Note 8, Wacom technology, works flawlessly with Windows 10 (no palm rejection issues) and actually now it has a new function. You choose if you are left or right handed and palm rejection will be applied on the pen writing hand only, leaving always "active" the other touch hand.

7. simp

simp Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you follow this step-by-step upgrade guide?

8. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Windows 10 had to install some updates on my T902, so I rebooted and...the pen didn't work.

It got the oh-so-bright idea to install a Wacom driver update (7.3.1) when I had specifically set the system to never install drivers from Windows Update, one that just does NOT work on the T902 outside of single-touch, and even more damningly, didn't provide an uninstall entry in Programs and Features, forcing me to dive through Program Files to find the driver folder and its uninstaller.

Only then could I restore 7.2.0-10 (the only good version for the T902 to my knowledge).

Part of me wonders why Wacom and Fujitsu didn't just put out some fixed digitizer firmware already. The other part wonders why Microsoft had to make Windows Update all crap in Windows 10 and try and take control away from the user when it comes down to exactly what gets installed. Security updates are one thing, but drivers are just asking for trouble.

9. simp

simp Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this mean that in your case, palm rejection works after the update to Windows 10?

10. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Forgive the late reply, but so far, I'd say it's still working.

Just remember what I said about the driver version: you HAVE to use 7.2.0-10. The driver that gets pulled off of Windows Update will screw things up, so you have to block it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.