[SOLVED]AVTN8 Pen/Touch/Button Failure

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Akif Kücet, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Akif Kücet

Akif Kücet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there everyone,
    Short Version: After Win10 upgrade I decided to go back to 8.1, there was a black screen but I had the ability to access Control Panel and run applications. I decided to Refresh it from safe boot with installation media. After refresh my pen or touch or lock button(volume up and down also does not work) all gone. My usb otg cable with keyboard also does not work. I am %100 sure the problem is not hardware.
    Details:
    I have Asus Vivotab Note 8 32 GB, had it for almost half a year. I was very happy with it in general till I updated to Windows 10. Palm rejection, camera was not working so I uninstalled Wacom Wintab manually first, then I got palm rejection, pressure was fine however in Ps I got no pressure sensitivity at all. Also in one of those sessions I got kernel error and restarted it. So I have prepared 8.1 installation disc from another pc, and then safe booted I choosed to Refresh it. I got no control over tablet at all. Computer boots Windows normally I can see my desktop. Charge screen while its off is also working.

Can someone help me? I was really happy with it :/

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You need to get an Asus specific 8.1 boot media. Never, ever use a version from a different computer.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Akif Kücet

Akif Kücet Pen Pal - Newbie

Oops. I actually tried it but my otg cable did not allow me to charge and usb stick same time. So I did it on my desktop. Is there any possibility I can find that version? I'm gonna try Asus Service, hope they will provide it.
    Update:
    After couple hard shutdown with physical power button, I've managed to use keyboard with USB->OTG cable, then I've downloaded and installed all drivers, not it works nicely!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016