solid screen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poetdante, Mar 14, 2006.

1. theocide

theocide Pen Pal - Newbie

well i've got a Compaq TC100 which i'm currently selling because it simply is not powerfull enough. The one thing i did liek about it though is that it had a screen that was solid and only responded to pen input, when (becaus ei do intent to) i het another tablet PC i dont want to have to kind of hover my arm over the screen while i write, i'm a student and use the tablet functions for taking notes. Which, if any of the newer Tablets have solid screenslike this? and are any of the 'soft' screen Tablets actualy ok to rest your arm on?

2. Daring

Daring Moderator

Most tablets use solid writing surfaces. Wacom "Penabled" tablets in particular will all use solid writing surfaces. The only touch screen I am aware of is the Fujitsu P1510 which I have never used, but Barry did a review on it and he may be able to give you some guidance.

3. theocide

Well it was just that in a review of the the new hp TC4200 it was mentioned that it might not be suitable for students because the touch sensitive screen didnt work if you rested your arm on it and i was rather disapointed because i'm a student and liked the look of that system, does anybody own one who could comment?

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

r15 works for me. I'm a student.

5. Daring

Daring Moderator

I own a TC4200 and frequently rest my hand/arm on the writing surface exactly as you would a piece of paper. I have tried several other tablet PCs and they all have solid surfaces with the exception of the previously mentioned P1510. Where was the review?

6. theocide

Well i cant find the review again so i think i'll go with the opinion of an owner.
    Thanks alot
    *goes off 2 buy new tablet*

7. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I hope you are buying an r15.