[SOLD] Surface 3 // 4GB RAM // 128GB SSD // Type Cover // Pen // Case // $199 + shipping

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Mr. Boosh, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1) Surface 3 // 4GB RAM // 128GB SSD

2) Used

3) End of post

4) $199 + shipping

5) PayPal

6) CONUS USPS Priority Mail 2/3-day

7) Many sales/buys here on TPCR

8) Have had this for a year, but it is simply not getting use anymore. My general mobile computer now is a Chromebook. Everything works on the unit but there are a few issues I will point out that were present on the unit when I purchased it and have not become worse.

On the display there are little patches of green-ish pixels that you can only see when there is a dark background, it is very hard to get them in a picture. Also, in the top-center of the display there is some yellowing. I was able to capture that in a few photos, although it is not as dark as the pictures make it seem. Neither of these issues have become worse, and through reading I realize it was common with this model.

The charger is also finicky and is plagued by the "Plugged in, Not charging" issue that is common (https://forums.windowscentral.com/m...-not-charging-its-cable-what-should-i-do.html).

I solved it with the purchase of the following $15 worth of equipment. I am not including these in the sale because I use them every day, but it completely solves the issue (the OEM Microsoft charger/cable is the problem):

http://amzn.to/2yHMasz

http://amzn.to/2yHmBYK

The OEM charger/cable will still work, but as I said it is pretty finicky.

This comes with a case, Surface Pen, and a Type Cover in pretty much flawless condition. Used prices for these on Swappa are averaging $310, so I feel $225 for the issues presented is fair.

If for some reason the unit blew up on you after you bought it, I'll refund you your money. I'm not out to screw everyone. It's been fine for the year I've had it so I'm confident there won't be any issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. Mr. Boosh

Make some offers people!

3. Mr. Boosh

PRICE DROP TO $199 + shipping (will be calculated when you give me your address).

4. Mr. Boosh

I'm surprised no one wants this for the price. Make me an offer

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Hi. Does your model have LTE? Also, I have the Wacom Feel It pen- I know it works with this device, but do you know if improves its inking on the Surface 3?

6. Steve B

Hi. Does your model have LTE? Also, I have the Wacom Feel It pen- I know it works with this device, but do you know if improves its inking on the Surface 3?

7. Mr. Boosh

No LTE. No idea about the Wacom Feel It pen, never used one.

8. Steve B

That's a bummer, as LTE is one of the primary things I need. Good luck!

9. Mr. Boosh

Thanks!