Sold - FS: Custom Built SFF m-ITX Desktop // i7-4770k OVERCLOCKED 4.6GHz // 16GB RAM // GTX-750

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Mr. Boosh, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

$1000 including shipping USPS Priority Mail 2-day

I'm thinking it's time for me to revisit the one machine solution. I've been having a lot of OneNote issues between my desktop and my machine for vet school, and it's getting extremely annoying and time consuming having to deal with these issues.

This machine is crazy powerful for its size. I spent a lot of money and time putting this together and overclocking it. The case was modified ever so slightly to make everything fit. The CPU was de-lidded so I could apply the much more efficient Liquid Pro thermal paste which allowed me to hit a 4.6GHz overclock. The overclock is stable for my daily use case. I can keep it at this overclock or return it to stock for you. The temperatures dropped almost 20C after the new thermal paste; crazy. I removed the SSD tray so I could fit the oversized liquid cooler that usually doesn't fit in a case this size. The SSDs sit on the side of the case now (pictured). The whole computer is the size of a shoebox.

I had a 2TB 2.5" HDD that I used for storage, but I am keeping that. What I am leaving for you is the Crucial M500 m.2 SATA drive that mounts on the bottom of the motherboard. Using Intel Rapid Storage Technology, you are able to use that SSD as cache and turn a standard HDD into a hybrid drive. That's what I did for the 2TB HDD. I used the 250GB SSD as my main OS drive and the 120GB as a scratch disk for Photoshop/Illustrator, both of which you will receive.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I did play CS: GO on it a bit and it was just fine.

Here are the specs

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor OVERCLOCKED to 4.6GHz
    • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL OVERSIZED radiator/cooler fit in the case by removing SSD tray and dremeling out a small lip on the inside of the top part of case
    • Thermal Compound: Coolaboratory Liquid Pro
    • Motherboard: ASRock Z87E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
    • Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    • Storage: Crucial M500 120GB mSATA Solid State Drive
    • Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card
    • Case: Silverstone SG05BB-450-USB3.0 (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case
    • Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
    • Other: 2 x Nidec Servo GentleTyphoon 120mm Case Fan 2150 RPM PWM Fan
    • Other: Super Power Supply® 2 x 9dBi RP-SMA Dual Band 2.4GHz 5GHz + 2 x 8in / 20cm U.fl / IPEX Cable Antenna Mod Kit
    • Other: Silverstone Tek Flat Flexible Short Cable Set for Modular PSUs (PP05-E)

IMG_20150525_234635.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  2. Mr. Boosh

Bump. Someone's gotta want this!!!

3. Mr. Boosh

Price drop to $699

4. Mr. Boosh

Sold.

Thread Status: