Software Suggestion for House Interior Design

Discussion in 'Software' started by barchimasta, May 16, 2014.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I'm helping my future landlord design some changes to her house to give me a separate living space. So I am looking for a design program that is not professional level, but that will allow us to go over ideas. Basic idea would be to draw in a floor plan then be able to draw out where and what we want. There are tons of programs available anywhere from $20 to $300 but I did not see any mention of use with a TPC. Any ideas? This is just for us to figure out what we want - the pro's will do the real design and work.

I have Visio, but I am not to familiar with it - will it use ink?

2. jackneal

jackneal Pen Pal - Newbie

Every solution we develop for you will stem from our proven Project Management . IT Infrastructure Services .

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. nevermore123

nevermore123 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used sketchup from our previous projects when we were designing a structured cabling system in one of the buildings in our schools. Sketchup is fine but when I've heard the new functions of the 3D Autocad for interior designing, it made me switch to this new software.

I really find it much better but you really have to study and familiarize the functions.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. barchimasta

barchimasta Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey :p I am a professional interior designer but I wont recomend you something advanced. I suggest that you use this easy and userfriendly online based software: http://www.homestyler.com You will be able then to create whatever you need, even recreated some interiors like these one here: Ihttp://www.pinterest.com/founterior/interior-design-inspiration. Try it and then give a feedback.

Actually, if you were advanced, I would have definitely recomend 3ds Max with vray rendering plugin. This is the best :)

5. Nick7

Nick7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with barchimasta - you'd better use some easier programs, like Google SketchUp, Ikea Home Planner or Roomtodo. The last was recommened me by my friend - real professional designer. It's easy to use, have 2D and 3D views. Also you can take a walk at your new apartment. Really :)

6. davismiller

davismiller Pen Pal - Newbie

You can also check with punch software where it is easy to use for creating your dream home. The price starts from $50 and i recently got it with savings mr.bargainer coupon.

7. grawhill

grawhill Pen Pal - Newbie

yes, will it uses ink tools.
    Ballpoint Pen -T
    Highlighter
    Stroke Eraser
    Pointer Tool