So... Who's been gaming on their x61t's?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by jenarelJAM, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotABigTruck

NotABigTruck Pen Pal - Newbie

Just tried that out for ya. I put the graphics on low, and while it does run, it is rather slow and choppy. Personally, I wouldn't consider it playable.

2. NotABigTruck

NotABigTruck Pen Pal - Newbie

So, I tried out Garry's Mod (the version that costs $10) on my X61T (For anyone who doesn't know, Garry's Mod is a physics sandbox that uses the Source engine, which powers Half-life 2), and I wind up getting a BSOD. All the other source games I've tried (CS:S, DoD:S, Insurgency) run fine. Garry's mod will start fine, but when I pick a map and start a game, the loading bar will get to initializing game data, almost finished, I will get a bluescreen. I'm running Windows XP Tablet.

Can anyone else see if Garry's Mod is playable for them?

3. jywang

jywang Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you try out the latest final 15.6 drivers and let us know if it works?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...32-bit+version&lang=eng&strOSs=154&submit=Go!

4. smics

smics Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who ran CS:S, was it for SXGA+ (1400x1050) or XGA (1024x768)?
    I'm interested in SXGA+ performance under 32-bit Vista, thanks.

5. giangn626

giangn626 Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tested Guild Wars. I've been wanting to get one of these, but would like to play Guild Wars decently. I have to say the game is pretty graphically inclined, so i'd like to know what settings people are using and how many fps are they getting if so.

6. Dominion

Dominion Pen Pal - Newbie

I too would be interested in Guild Wars performance.

Would anyone be willing to try out anarchy online as well as WoW on the SXGA+ setups?

I'm in the air about getting the SXGA+ and the XGA. The 1024 is almost a deal breaker, but the fact that the 'bigger' processor is only available on the XGA. I don't quite know where to go with it.

7. jenarelJAM

jenarelJAM Scribbler - Standard Member

Unless you *really* need the processor speed for something, don't worry so much about it. The X61t is a business computer, not a game machine, etc. As much as we make it out to be in this thread, it's really not what this computer is made for. I, and many others on these forums, end up turning our cpu speed down anyway to save battery power, whereas the extra screen resolution helps amazingly.

my 2c.

8. Dominion

Dominion Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea I understand what the tablet is for, but I am a bit of a 'top end' freak :)

The extra speed could be shunted around when I'm working with various adobe products, that and I am a big multi-tasker. But ofcourse more RAM will help me there.

The resolution and Touch debate is teh hardest for me. What will I get more use out of touching or a nice res. But that's for another topic :)

9. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

I have the XGA Multiview/Multitouch setup, and I can game perfectly fine on WoW with most of the settings turned pretty much to the max (at least as high as they'll let me turn them).

I don't really have any other "current" games, though I popped in Rainbow 6: Raven Shield a couple weeks ago and that works perfectly fine.

Although this isn't a "gaming machine" it is nice to at least be able to play some things on it. The size of the screen, of course, isn't the greatest for gaming, but what're ya gonna do? (well I guess hook up to a monitor if I really wanted ;-)

To be honest I have mixed feelings about the multi-touch. When I do use it, it is invaluable, but I don't really use it all that often. Usually when I'm just reading a lot and web browsing. Having an SXGA screen would maybe be nice, but the only thing I'd really like it for is that menu bars in programs would take up less space. I wouldn't really shrink any other content down, though, as stuff appears so small as is.

10. GateGuardian

GateGuardian Pen Pal - Newbie

My WoW setting is at max resolution, but the details are on medium. I get on average 20fps, which is passable. 30+ fps would be the best for me as that is what i'm getting on my desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.