Snippet tool.

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2008.

1. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

Anyone know how to make the One Note Snippet Tool (Windows Key + S) paste it on your current page? I am currently making a school supply list using One Note and it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't know it, but you could change it to only copy the selected area to the clipboard and not also to the unfield notes.
    In the end you will have to press Win+S and after that Ctrl+V.

Or you use the "insert" -> "screen clipping" button in the menu, which switches back to the last active window and copies the selected area on the current page in OneNote. To make this more easy you can take the "screen clipping" button out of the menu and put it on a toolbar.

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

That's what windows key+s does, you keep onenote in the system tray & windows key + s opens up the snipping tools

@ atom, i think the only way to have more control over where your material goes, might be to use the snipping tool in vista. Not sure there is a solution for XP since the snipping tool was in the education/experience packs, which will only install on a machine running xp tablet edition.

4. Frank

Sorry, but on my PC it does paste it in the current page, the menu button. That means, it's something little different.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

yes if you already have onenote open & go through the menu, but there is no way that i have found to put the snipping tool from onenote on the system tray, the only way to access it in that matter, is to have onenote sit in the system tray & then use the windows key + s keystroke, but when done that way, it copies it by default to unfiled notes.

I guess what you're telling atom is that if he wants it on the current page he has to manually go through the menu's. Unless you'd like to share how to get the snipping tool in onenote on the system tray.

The one from window vista itself, can be made to sit in the quicklaunch bar, and then you manually copy from there to wherever you want.

6. Frank

My description does not put the snipping tool to the system tray, just to a toolbar in OneNote to save one click. So, yes, he has to open OneNote but he does not have to open the menu, only click on a toolbar button.

But then it is better to select the option in the OneNote SysTray snipping tool to only copy the selected area to the clipboard. Makes things faster than with the windows snipping tool.