Smartphone as Shortcut Remote

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Lauscher, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Lauscher

Lauscher Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. Yes of course modifier keys are very important and will definitely be mapable in the app. Since they also require a keyboard I included them under shortcuts. Maybe I should have mentioned them also in the survey

2. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

I'd love such an app... as long as it does not require some sort of server on the laptop/tablet, and operates as generic bluetooth keyboard / other hid device.

3. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Seconded. A smooth coordination is on top of my musts too.

Starlight5 likes this.
  4. Lauscher

Lauscher Pen Pal - Newbie

For the first version the app will connect over wifi to a small server on the pc... That was the best documented way I found to let the app communicate with the pc and connection via wifi was the most prefered option according to the survey. BUT I will be exploring other options down the road. Ultimately I want the app to support wifi, bluetooth and wired options.
    The current implemenation works pretty well though and the latancy is also relativly low. You also won't have to fiddle a lot with settings on the conncection side of things, the server will give you an qr code when you start it which you just need to scan with the app and you are all set ;)
    It still needs a bit more time, but development has been going pretty good and I am very excited for the tests in march!

Elmstrom and Starlight5 like this.