Smart PC Pro ATIV 7 Europe Version

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by frenkys, Jan 7, 2013.

1. frenkys

frenkys Pen Pal - Newbie

HI,
    In Italy and other European countries is for sale a version with Pentium 987, FULLHD, etc.. (code xe700t1c-a01it) which costs about 300 € (Euro) more than the 500t version (code xe500t1c-a01it). Worth buying this or the version with Atom? The version with I5 (code xe500t1c-a02it) costs about 600 € (Euro) more than the 500t version.
    Thanks,
    Frenkys

2. msgnyc

msgnyc Pen Pal - Newbie

The xe500T is the Intel Atom variant while the xe700T is the i5 variant.
    Pentium 987 variant? Mistype in the specs most likely.
    The US model number for the i5 700T is xe700t1c-a01us. Essentially the same model number except the region. it for Italy vs us for United States

As for the 500Ts there are 4 different ones I believe. Atleast in the US. Id assume they would probably be the same there if u just change out us for it at the end of the model number.

xe500t1c-a01us, a02us, a03us and a04us. All almost exactly the same with an intel Atom, but one has NFC/gps/the whole 9 yard. One has LTE and no built in stylus/no nfc/maybe has gps, one doesnt come with a keyboard, no NFC, no gps and I think the other one might have gps but no NFC.

Its retarded and I hate Samsung for doing this. They are essentially selling all these things for the same price (excluding the LTE model) yet some have features others dont have with no real way of knowing 100% what your getting unless you see it n look at the model #. I can understand one with LTE and one with no dock but another without with or without nfc? Gps? And whatever else they dicided to mix and match....

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. frenkys

frenkys Pen Pal - Newbie

In Italy there are 2 version of ATIV Pro Serie 7 (from SAMSUNG

1) XE700T1C-A02IT: i5 3317 U (1,70 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache) Intel HM76, SSD 128 GB, Graphic Intel HD 4000;
    2) XE700T1C-A01IT: Pentium 987 (1,5 GHz, 2 MB) Intel HM76, SSD 64 GB, Graphic Intel HD;

I found no review of the version with pentium. So I ask news.
    Bye

4. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

I also notice a Celeron version of the old S7S in Germany and found no review either. It's seems the variation has really low-key profile. According to notebookchecker, Pentium 987 is likely equivalent to C2D T5600. It's not noticably slower than the i5-470UM in the Asus EP121 and rated at 17W so I guess the performance is likely the same and battery life is just marginally better than the 700t's i5-version i.e. it's far faster than the atom's but has much shorter battery life

5. Maccyb

Maccyb Pen Pal - Newbie

I also noticed the huge price variations. I was amazed at the price I paid in Turkey, much cheaper than many countries. I got the 700T Win 8 and 128gb ssd PLUS keyboard all for US$1280.00.