Smart PC - freezes and other problems

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Tourniquet, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

If you use Firefox, there's NoScript, AdBlock and FlashBlock that also help to keep the CPU+GPU less busy.

3. skallal

skallal Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having the same problems with the Smart PC Pro with keyboard dock, only much more frequent than what is described above. And its more pronounced with the dock. I have appointment with a tech at the local Microsoft store this evening. I bought the last one Sunday, so I can't just exchange it.

Would like to comment more, but have to leave for work now...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well it's interesting you say that, because the stuttering was mostly in IE10. I've installed Firefox and it doesn't work perfectly (very slow multi touch functions) but I have NoFlash and Adblock loaded up and the internet seems much faster. It still lags more than a regular laptop/desktop but I realized that IE10 is a hog. IE10 also sucks since it has no addons, it has one single Adblocker addon which you have to pay for and no flashblocker.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. thoms3

thoms3 Pen Pal - Newbie

Please just make sure you do all of the samsung and MS updates, that helps with almost every software issue...good luck

6. almostinsane

almostinsane Pen Pal - Newbie

Had the same freezing issues with my 500t. Returned it yesterday.

7. smaug

smaug Pen Pal - Newbie

The problem in the freezes is the sound driver. When it goes out, the machine freezes trying to play the sound. The only solution is to force restart it. I am hoping this will get fixed when they update the drivers…

8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, i think the problems are caused by the ALPHA or BETA drivers, intel has released. After trying to manually install the newest drivers, i just found rhis in the user agreement.

9. smaug

smaug Pen Pal - Newbie

There's a sound patch file in software update this morning. Hopefully it will take care of the problem.

10. drunkirishman

drunkirishman Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have this problem...I get the blue screen of death doing random things, like typing in Word. I'm not even doing system taxing things. Here is the error i get "kernel_mode_exception_not_handled". Does anyone know what to do about this....I think I may reset the PC completely and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.