Sleeve for x200 tablet w/8 cell battery

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by themachine, Sep 3, 2010.

1. themachine

themachine Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I have looked through previous threads regarding this, but still can`t decide what to get.
    What sleeves do you use for your x200 tablet w/8 cell battery?
    I already have a good leather briefcase/bag with basic protection for tablet but I would also like a sleeve for extra protection.
    I am based in UK so the sleeves from sfbags.com are too pricey after shipping.

2. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

When my daughter and I went shopping for a sleeve (we have several computer oriented stores besides BestBuy), there were few that would actually fit with the 8 cell since it sticks out almost 2 inches. It's not as small as a netbook and smaller than many standard laptops so it's definitely a Goldilocks situation but without a real solution. Just remember to turn the screen around and click it shut when moving if possible, the case is your best protection. If you need something to let you bring it out quickly, there is a ThinkPad Tablet sleeve that Lenovo offers that will allow you to have it in the case and use it as the same time. I think it's the only one that is actually made for this unit. FRU# 43R9115 Here's a review, it's modest: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet Sleeve - Tablet protector

As a long time TP owner, the cases clean up very nicely with mild detergent or pre-wetted wipes. Other people like Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, LCD Cleaner and a microfiber cloth,

Here's the dimensions with a 8 cell: 11.6" x 10.1" x 1-1.3"; 295mm x 257mm x 26.5-33.3mm

3. sinthome

sinthome Pen Pal - Newbie

i hate it. it is the number one annoyance of this laptop. i used to have a shinza zeroshock and it saved me on several occasions. if anyone discovers any sort of well-fitting case that is similar to the shinza one, please please pm me about it! thx.

4. Stan S.

The shinza size 27-34 is pretty close.....

5. drex

drex Pen Pal - Newbie

gentlemen:

does the sleeve work with the standard dock (ie must you take sleeve off to dock)?

6. Stan S.

The sleeve must be off. the dock won't join the connections and lock if there's a sleeve.

7. themachine

themachine Pen Pal - Newbie

Any more suggestions?

Has anyone used the Shinza size 27-34 on their X200t with 8cell???

8. sinthome

sinthome Pen Pal - Newbie

i got a custom sleeve off of etsy. LOTS of nice styles on there! most folks will do a custom size. mine fits like a glove! super happy with it.

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator