slatepal (dock) developing

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gahfe, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

hi everybody, a time ago a I brought a slate 7 to use like a portable Cintiq, using illustrator and photoshop I'm a shortcut freak and after digging the web (specially this forum) I found this scripts based in autohotkey

RawInputControlTest is the mother code !! and have a great UI too

! konartist3d have a great idea and make great mods doing it program specific,

paintdock have a great and comfortable interface

I made a mix of all this things I like it to fit in my workflow, adding fixs, some features like app changing, 4 directional button, docking, touchtoggle, caret zoom and others, but for all this code I based in the original code or in autohotkey user posts because, after all, I'm not a real programmer.

and this is the result

slatepal by ~gahfe on deviantART

View attachment 2663

in a recent post from mspanish http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sam...-dock-programmers-using-samsung-slate-pc.html I see others than me used (at least on time) the script and is great although we are only 3 hehe (thanks mspanish and lblb)

the script works great in win7 (for me) but now I'm win 8 user and the script need aome fixes

Right now I'm working fixing things to windows 8 like docking (someone use this feature?) and in the future I want to suspend the script when metro is active, suspend in w8 switch apps gesture and the most difficult make a system to easily turn touch off without disable the device or logout maybe with the butimaru code

if someone have suggestion about this things or other features are welcome

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

lblb you talking about other methods/programs to disable touch, you have the links? to research about this

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi gahfe,

Nice to see a thread for your slatepal. This should make it easier for interested users to find it.

I looked around and it seems that all the Win8 solutions to toggle touch are based on this one:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/49793-simple-way-turn-off-finger-touch-slate-7-a.html

I saw that you mentioned it in another thread. So does this mean that it doesn't work for you? Sorry, I don't have Win8 installed to test. The same strategy has been used with computers other than the S7 so you can maybe look at these threads for ideas on how to troubleshoot:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/53635-touch-off-toggle-ativ-smart-pc-500t.html
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/54218-one-solution-enable-disable-touch-vivotab.html

For this to work, I'm guessing that one of the main ideas is to identify the correct HID (Human Interface Device). This approach to toggle touch seems like it could be promising for scripts like your slatepal because these AHK scripts make use of the different HID's to allow you to use touch on the script even when touch is actually turned off. The HID's that are involved are on lines 92-98 of slatepal.ahk.

4. lblb

5. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

sadly when I disable the HID the raw detection stop worked too.

the method in the other post is the used before and works in w7 but in w8 need to logout login to have effect.

butimaru have 2 code one (tguard) works like a palm rejection tool, the other untouch block touch input messages but don't blocks touch position so you can have accidental strokes

the last driver from wacom driver 7.10.8/9 have "native" palm rejection and with untouch you can work, but this driver have pressure problems with photoshop (f-ck) so I must use the old drv

is like a puzzle

6. lblb

That's unfortunate...

So it seems the only way is still to modify the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

and then restart the computer.

Maybe restarting the computer is necessary (as many have mentioned in this forum) but you could maybe look if there is a Windows Process or Service that could be restarted instead (I haven't seen this discussed anywhere else). For example, you could adjust the value to 0 above (so I think that would disable touch when you reboot). Instead of rebooting, you could maybe try to look at Processes or Windows Services. Maybe by restarting one of these the touch will get disabled. In Win7, I think the process was wisptis.exe but a quick google search (see for example: http://chentiangemalc.wordpress.com...eveloper-preview-vs-windows-7-sp1-enterprise/) seems to suggest that this doesn't exist anymore in Win8. In Win8, I would just look at the processes in Task Manager and maybe you'll find something good (a name? a description?) in there. You could also look at the Windows Services (from a quick search it seems like in Win8 you can reach them through the Task Manager or by going to Manage --> Services and Application-->Services). Again, maybe you can try restarting one of the services and see if touch gets disabled.

By the way, playing with Process and Services can make things go bad, so be careful! Google is a good friend when playing with these!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  7. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi gahfe, thank you for your slatepal. It's working great on my X201T and I fancy docking feature a lot. Still Photoshop in full screen won't allow the sidebar to be on top unless I disable docking (ie let it float around). Also how can I disable auto toggle touch off when I switch to Photoshop? I need touch on since the tool won't respond when touch is off and it's quite inconvenient to open TM2Control to enable touch again.

8. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

hi you need to change in txt folder ohotoshop.txt the line #Window:touchgate=0 and change it to 1 or delete it (I dont remeber exactly, he) this must work

9. gahfe

gahfe Pen Pal - Newbie

the thing about the fullscreen is in this section

ABM_Callback( wParam, LParam, Msg, HWnd ) {
    Global L
    If ( LParam != L )
    L := LParam
    Else Return
    IfEqual, L,1, Gui,Hide
    Else Gui,Show
    Return

you can change where say Gui,HIde to Gui,Show for a quick text, the problem is in fullscreen work like float, but when you goback to normal mode the dock stay working

only for the record, the correct method to avoid this callback is delete it but this need knows about ahk code

10. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank gahfe, it works! Yet do you have any idea how to disable auto touch off when running Photoshop?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.