Sketchbook pro srylus only mode

Discussion in 'Artists' started by mrbudgie, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbudgie

mrbudgie Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if the windows version of sketchbook pro has a stylus only mode so my fingers dont draw

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Sadly No....:(

The Pen Mode that Basically disables Single Touch on the Canvas's of the Android Art Apps; Layerpaint, Artflow, & Sketchbook Pro....is still thus far only on Android.

The most recent update to the Desktop Sketchbook Pro only recently just fixed the Mutli-touch controls, and they still doesn't work as well as the Android app.

I would love more then anything to have this option added to major applications like Photoshop, Manga Studio, Art Rage, etc...but since Sketchbook Pro is the only art app on both Android and Windows....that would be the most likely app that would ever see such an update.

With Windows 8 tablets starting to gain traction, I'm crossing my fingers the next update will bring Pen Mode.

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

And better yet, rather than just turning off touch entirely in the program, software that recognizes your touch as only panning, zooming, so they are still useful input methods without a chance of ever leaving stray mark on the canvas.

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Although it's not perfect, I think the palm or touch rejection on Sketchbook Pro 6.2.4 is pretty good. Just testing it now on the Surface Pro, so long as the pen is close enough for the crosshair or cursor to be visible on the canvas, your fingers, knuckles or palm won't leave stray marks. And even with the pen put away, multitouch gestures for panning, zooming and rotating are recognized without stray marks either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.