Sketchbook Pro Mobile V3 can't SCALE??!

Discussion in 'Software' started by stoneseeker, Nov 20, 2014.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey so I'm a little dumbfounded nobody has complained about this or noticed yet, but in the new PRO version of Sketchbook Mobile (V3.0) for Android, one of the most basic transform functions has been removed, despite it being on the lesser app Sketchbook Express.

How basic? SCALE.

Unless I am truly blind and am unable to find it on the new paid pro version, it has been removed!
    So we can scale layers in the old less-pro version, but not in the new more expensive pro.

Anyone else see this yet? What the frig AutoDesk??

Transform allows you to rotate, move and flip the layer or selection, but scaling is a no-go. Totally cray cray if you ask me.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong....

2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Elementary my dear Watson! Tricky huh?

Somehow they thought it'd be more intuitive doing it like this:
    1.Select the layer that contains the object you want to transform
    2. Tap on the Protractor/Ruler icon
    3. Select Transform
    4. And then, wait for it... Pinch with 2 fingers to scale down. Pinch out/away to scale up

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

!!

Ok, tried it out and yup. I guess Autodesk isnt the devil after all. Thanks Ron!

Still, why would rotate get an icon in the transform menu, but scale does not? You can rotate with your fingers too (I just found out) so it makes no sort of intuitive sense that the menu would be missing a scale icon. If someone is hunting for scale in the menu and they don't find it, they are not going to magically assume that if they pinch it will suddenly scale with no indicator as such, especially when we are expecting pinching to zoom in and out of canvas like it always has.... Even little "handles" that appear or some visual cue that scale has been activated.

I literally searched google for the answer for half an hour and read through help documentation, only to find the help document outdated and featuring a different mobile version with a grey toolbar along the top which actually had a scale button.

Annoying.

4. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Yeah. It's not funny but I remember laughing when I thought about it. I did search indeed in Google as well, and found nothing. If you go to the Help option within the app, and you go the Transform section, it explains everything else except how to scale. So I thought to myself, if this don't work, then they really gone mad on removing Scaling and Cropping. And when i tried it I actually smiled, why wouldn't they tell users about this feature?

I haven't checked how many downloads the new app has, but I'm assuming that people (at least the serious doodlers) are still using the old Pro app. So we didn't see any complains on it. Once you intuitively figure out how to do that free trasform thing, it's pretty cool tho. I like it way more than how it was done before.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

thatcomicsguy and stoneseeker like this.