Sketchboard Pro | Travel Bag iPad Stand For Artists | Review

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by CreateNowSleepLater, Jun 2, 2021.

1. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the new Sketchboard Pro for iPad from the guys at Braintree. They designed this as stand/art/drafting board for digital artists. This started as a KickStarter and I have a full review of the SketchBoard and traveling bag. Finally, I take it through how to adjust it for a perfect fit.

doobiedoobiedum and Marty like this.
  2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At a time when most customers are looking for minimal bezels - this stand is a real surprise. I loved the bezels on my Dell Canvas - gave me somewhere to rest my hands when drawing - and to put notes and other drawing tools.

Those "Bezels" also make complete sense on the Sketchboard pro stand. (I use a Rotring A3 drawing board to hold A4-A3 paper when I am sketching out and about in the real world - just seems so much more useable)

3. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to be honest, when I first got it, I reached out to them and asked them why they hell are these bezels so big? Like you could have easily made them smaller. Thats what I meant at the end of the review, Im glad I waited. There were a lot of logistical issues which would have turned it negative. The Kickstarter was a wreck because of Covid but now you can buy it right from their site so I couldnt really hit them for it. My iPad also didnt seem to fit which I did disclose but those iPads were prone to bending. Thats why I added the adjustment portion. Its not really a problem if you know how to fix it.

4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's when you are in your chair drawing that really shows why those bezels are so big. You need to rest your forearms somewhere.

Oh yeah - when are you going to test the new Huion 4K 16 Pro? I'm currently looking to see how that would work with a Mac Mini M1. :D

Someday, someone is going to rig up a portable power source for an M1 Mini and make the dream 16 inch mac drawing laptop...

Hmmmnnn:cool: