Side-by-side comparison of 12" tablets...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rob1116, Jul 29, 2006.

1. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Inspired by another thread, I decided to piece together a crude side-by-side comparison of the four most common 12" convertibles. All specs were gathered from manufacturer's websites - including battery life estimates and weights. Given the ridiculous lack of consistency throughout most of these companies' websites, you may find information to the contrary... or in many cases, you won't find the information at all (HP is terrible for that).

Anywho, here it is. If I missed something worthwhile, or something looks wrong, just let me know.

Edit: Okay, this should work:

[​IMG]

2. rob1116

Bah! Stupid photobucket resizing my photos even though they are under sized. I have to run to work now, I'll fix the size later :)

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

Try hosting on image shack, its way better than photobucket.

4. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I always find image shack links that are broken. I've never had a problem with photobucket taking down images though. I'm sure there is another image hosting site that is better than both if you look hard enough.

5. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah I guess image shack does take the pictures down after a while. But at least their bandwidth limit is pretty high. I always see phootbucket pictures that have exceeded their allowed bandwidth.

6. rob1116

Okay, there it is finally... I nearly forgot that my university provides webspace. I'm not sure what the bandwidth cap is, but it should be okay for a while.

7. onesaint

onesaint Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Rob, since i am in the market for just this type of system, the side by side helps.

8. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

Better than my attempt.

9. rob1116

It wasn't my intention to 'show you up' Fido... I just thought you had a really good idea, and wanted to build on it.