Should Toshiba send Mesosphere a review unit?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Mesosphere, Jan 15, 2015.

?

How would a review from Mesosphere effect your decision to by a z20t?

1. His review would strongly influence my purchase.

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. His review would slightly influence my purchase.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. I will do the opposite of whatever he recommends.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Who the heck is Mesosphere? I thought that was a layer of the atmosphere no one cares about.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

The glare will last a few days, but the ammunition for future arguments will last a life time =)

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ah true, but I bet you that holster is already very well stocked. What's one more bullet? :D

And that's where your Meso-charm comes in: as Sun-Tzu say, "the victorious warrior wins first and then goes to war..." ;)

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Quoting Sun Tzu seems so appropriate in the marital context.

Mesosphere likes this.
  4. Mesosphere

Lol, it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

5. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Try the glare of a husband, it's way worse... His default replay: "don't you have enough gadgets now", to which the answer is so obvious, that I generally don't even bother to answer...

Naturally, that never stopped me from buying a device I really wanted...

Bronsky likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

I'm sure my wife would agree with you about the husband glare being worse.

Regarding going ahead and buying it anyway, the trouble is, deep down below my tech addict desires, I know I deserve the glare. I spent over 2k about 9 months ago on a T904 which really does get the job done along side my AVN8 (of which I bought two... before the price drop).

Less than a year before that, I spent over 1K on an SP1 and bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro. So, in under 2 years, I've spent over 4k on tablets. Considering how well my current setup works for me, it is hard to justify spending another 1.7k when the devices I have now are working really well for me.

7. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

But this time, it might be the near perfect device that lasts 3 years... ;)

In my opinion, spec-wise it's very difficult to achieve any major improvement compared to the z20t while the T904 has significant drawbacks (screen viewing angle, screen brightness, WiFi Performance, noise, battery life, glare vs. matte )

So, it could be a major improvement, which is significantly more difficult to further improve significantly. :D

But in the end, I unterstand your situation...

8. Mesosphere

Well, of the problems you listed, with the t904, the only one I have is the view angles, and maybe glare occasionally.

I agree though. Provided no surprises pop up, it is difficult to imagine how to improve significantly on the z20t. It is basically exactly what I was looking for 9 months ago =)

9. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I justified the AVN8's because those were gifts to each other for our 12th anniversary (they even arrived exactly on the date!). I justified the GN8 because I really wanted it to replace my AVN8 in a pinch when its pen would have a day off, but when I wanted to buy that SP3, my justifications were just fresh out. He finally did consent to me buying the SP2 (i5, 8Gb version), but if I were to say I wanted to replace that, I have no idea how he'd react :p (we both have an about equal salary each month, so it's not a matter of him earning more than me (it's actually the other way around, though not by much :p) and me spending more than he (though that generally is true :D))

10. Mesosphere