Should Toshiba send Mesosphere a review unit?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Mesosphere, Jan 15, 2015.

?

How would a review from Mesosphere effect your decision to by a z20t?

1. His review would strongly influence my purchase.

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. His review would slightly influence my purchase.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. I will do the opposite of whatever he recommends.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Who the heck is Mesosphere? I thought that was a layer of the atmosphere no one cares about.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

??? What do you mean?

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Shouldn't a good-condition T904 fetch a decent price on the market? You mentioned the recent price drop, but I bet you get at least a $1000, which would halve the cost of the high-end z20t.

4. Mesosphere

ixnay, atoshibay ymaay glisteninay.

Marty likes this.
  5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I wouldn't consider buying a Toshiba z20T:

1) They have the nerve to deny Mesosphere his due
    2) When is the last time you have loved a Toshiba product? Me neither.

6. Mesosphere

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Yeah, I was thinking to ask, "when (since 2007)....loved a Toshiba product?" So, are they on an 8 year cycle or can we conclude that Toshiba long ago lost it's soul? Personally, I'm thinking this product might get interesting in 1-2 years when open box/refurbs are selling for $600.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I own a big ass Toshiba refrigerator that I at least have a little crush on, does that count?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Mesosphere likes this.
  9. Mesosphere

To me this is the most interesting laptop replacement tablet to hit the market... ever =P It should be as good or better than the SP3 for tablet use (for those not bothered by the aspect ratio, and I'm not), and it looks like it might be the first detachable which has a uncompromising laptop usage experience.

The last Toshiba I had was in 2007 (the M400). I'm not a brand loyal buyer. I believe any company is fully capable of producing duds. If a given company is known for making duds, what do I care if the one device they make that I am interested in is a quality product that checks all (or usually only most) my boxes? With each tablet PC purchase I have weighed all of the available options, read reviews (mostly user reviews) and made my decision. The OEM that made it rarely played much of a role in my decision. If by all accounts the product is good, I don't care who made it. So far the 7 tablet PCs I have owned since 2003 have all come from different OEMs. If I get the z20t, Toshiba will be the first OEM to get repeat business from me (unless you count my Surface RT purchase which I bought "for fun").

When I replaced my M400 in 2010 I didn't really go looking for a Toshiba specifically, so I can't remember what they had available in terms of Tablet PCs, but it does seem like they retracted from the market for a bit. With the Encore Writes and the z20t, they seem to be dipping their feet back in the water now though. Everything I've heard about this device indicates it may be top notch, but you never know of course prior to official launch.

If I didn't have a wife that would assuredly give me disapproving looks, I'd have pre-ordered it already =)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    ile likes this.
  10. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's funny, for me, if I felt that way about a tablet I would not even hesitate to push the pre-order button. I mean we use our tablets more than any other object we own!

Besides, a wife's glare may only lasts a few days...but good tablet lasts a lifet—well until the next super-tablet comes out (but who knows when that'll be right? :p)

Mesosphere likes this.