Should Toshiba send Mesosphere a review unit?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Mesosphere, Jan 15, 2015.

?

How would a review from Mesosphere effect your decision to by a z20t?

1. His review would strongly influence my purchase.

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. His review would slightly influence my purchase.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. I will do the opposite of whatever he recommends.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Who the heck is Mesosphere? I thought that was a layer of the atmosphere no one cares about.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Since I spent all my money on a Fujitsu T904 less than a year ago due to a device like the z20t not existing, I am having a really hard time justifying the purchase of a Toshiba z20t. While I do lack a monetary justification for buying this tablet, I spend a lot of time talking about it. While I am sure I have earned a spot on many TPCR users ignore list, others may listen to my endless salivating and be influenced to buy this tablet because of me. All signs so far point to me loving this device, so, if I were to own a z20t and like it, Toshibas sales of the device might increase immeasurably (since they do not have a small enough unit to measure it).

What do you think? Should Toshiba send me a review unit? :rolleyes:;):p

Please vote in the poll above!

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

They most certainly should. But probably won't.:newpalm:

dceggert and Mesosphere like this.
  3. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

It would be nice if Toshiba would send me an Encore 2 Write so TPCR could review it, but the company is curiously parsemonious about loaning out devices.

UpstateScott and Mesosphere like this.
  4. Mesosphere

So you guys are saying this isn't going to work!?!? Ah .... snap =)

5. soh5

soh5 Surface or Bust Senior Member

I love mine Meso. This is what the ASUS should have been.

Mesosphere likes this.
  6. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry, whatever you say about a device, I wouldn't buy it anyway. I like my Asus too much!

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

^^ would definitely be very helpful. Way more than reviews from cnet, engadget, ...

Mesosphere likes this.
  8. Mesosphere

You do bring to mind a good point! I have a history of finding fixes to devices hardware problems (yes, that did happen once)! If the z20t were to develop a hardware problem that was hurting its sales like the digitizer failure issue was for the Asus Vivotab Note 8, there is a possibility I could find a way to fix it which could cause a significant uptick in sales! My internal metrics show that as many as 1.7 people may have been persuaded to buy the Asus after learning of my DIY fix to the pen failure. Could lighting strike twice**? Probably not, but think of it as a low cost insurance policy Toshiba.

As for my beloved 8" Asus, I have no intention of replacing it with the z20t. This would be a replacement to my Fujitsu T904 "laptop" which I don't love quite as much. It is pretty good, but I chose it as a lesser evil kind of choice. I want a laptop that functions very well as a laptop in terms of weight, lap balance, keyboard quality, sufficiently large screen etc, but that can also serve as large screen writing area when I need it. The 8" Asus is my go to note taking device. Probably well over 90% or my notes are taken on my Asus, but occasionally I need a larger screen. It seems like the z20t will be the first detachable that doesn't sacrifice on the laptop usage end (other than computing power that I don't need), but I don't expect the z20t to be all that much better than my T904 as a laptop. However, it should be much better as a tablet since it can be detached into a 1.6 lb tablet instead of a 3.4 lb convertible. I wouldn't be surprised if that 90% Asus usage number creeped downward if my large screen option were less unwieldy.

** lighting striking twice refers to my ability to fix the problem more so than a hardware problem existing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  9. Grzegorz Lewandowski

Grzegorz Lewandowski Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, they should.

Question is, will they ? :p

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. Mesosphere

I choose not to bother myself with reality.

Bronsky likes this.