Should I upgrade to Windows 10? [VivoTab TF810C]

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nessers, Jul 29, 2015.

1. AirZone

AirZone Pen Pal - Newbie

Just adding my 2 cents...
    I used the media creation tool and everything was installed fine.
    I have the most recent intel driver 9.14.3.1117 and everything is quite smooth.
    The only problem I see is sometimes there are graphical errors in edge (missing font/icons) or in the search bar (but nothing major..i saw some errors in the Cortana tab) but mostly it is great fast and smooth.
    Pen is working great and so is the touch.
    Battery life is the same (more or less not sure I need to test more)
    this old baby is still running pretty fine for a very slow cpu.
    I'm not sure if win 10 is better for tablet. tablet mode is nice but less usable than metro style that was in win 8.1
    I think that win 8.1 is better for tablets but for win 10 is good for hybrids.

Anyway if you wanna install use the media creation tool from Microsoft.
    I really need a faster hybrid with more ram for university but nothing beats the form factor+pen+battery life of this little pc.

2. al p

al p Pen Pal - Newbie

I as well installed windows 10 on tf810c the other day, just went to Windows site direct since my windows 10 app said media driver was not compatible. Anyway all works well except for some font issues as mentioned above. Rebooted and now Cortana is normal. Couldn't see the font like where to click etc but can now. Now I just need to find a tile editor like modern tile maker but that supports Windows 10 as I am missing having a full pic logo for some of my Web Links. Now just a blue tile box with mini ie Explorer icon in center

3. Anfanglir

Anfanglir Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded yesterday, after the Windows 10 app said everything was compatible (before it said video driver weren't compatible). Upgrade process went smooth, except I had to turn of all the spyware options in Windows 10 that are enabled by default.

However, screen is now much dimmer than in Windows 8.1. My tf810c always had good very bright and good quality screen, much better than my Fujitsu Q584. Now, when I put them next to each other the Vivotab looks worse with dim and washed-out colors. Wtf!?! Any one else experiencing this?

/ Anfanglir

4. Soulbreaker

Soulbreaker Pen Pal - Newbie

Yo Anfanglir. I will safe your Windows 10.
    After you Install Windows 10 and every driver (Vivotab driver pack) including the Display driver...Your display is dimmed.
    That is not of driver issues !!! I Thought that at first toooooo.
    It is very easy to fix. really...
    1. Click on Battery icon 1
    2. Hold the Brightnes icon till menue pops up. Click it. You are now in the System/Display Settings.
    3. Schroll down and deactivate "auto adjust for dimming.
    Thats it.

Windows 10 is activating the automatic display dimming feature, which is at second thought good. But not usefull for me...or you... or other users. Because it is not good on this Tablet with this low dimming now. Maybe later when it is fixed better.

Hope you get it to work.

I have no problems till now on Windows 10 with this Tablet /Vivotab TF810C.
    Batter live is same I suppose.
    Standby drains same battery. I think 5% per day or so.

5. Anfanglir

Anfanglir Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahh OK. I already switched back to 8, lol. Might have another go on 10 though. Thanx for the heads up Soulbreaker! :)

/ Anfanglir

6. iani

iani Pen Pal - Newbie

Just come across this thread - I upgraded my TF810 to Windows 10 over 2 months ago and have had no problems at all. No speed, battery or display problems - works like a dream with all the advantages of 10. Still a great little device - with a new lease of life!

7. Xerxes23

Xerxes23 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I messed up my Vivotab trying to install Windows 10 and now I'm not unable to boot up. I phoned the help line and was informed that my recovery partition has been deleted and they can not provide me with a recovery disk. Would someone be so kind as to create a Windows 8.1 recovery disk for me so that I can recover my device. Please private message me if you are willing to help. I'm out of warranty and don't want to pay Asus more than the device is worth to get it fixed.

Cheers