Should I go for the C1 or the X100?

Discussion in 'LG' started by fuzzybabybunny, Jan 11, 2009.

1. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Pen Pal - Newbie

I live in the US and I've got the opportunity to get either the X100 or the C1 with the C2D.

Are there going to be big differences going from U7600 -> U7700 and from nVidia 7300 Go -> 8400M G?

I do pretty CPU intensive photo processing and would like to be able to do some RTS games now and then. Would the 7300 Go be able to play Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 on minimum everything?

I'm leaning towards the X100 because of the overall better specs, lighter weight, and its ability to us 4GB RAM. The C1's Intel 945GM chipset doesn't seem to be able to handle 4GB RAM properly.

Does anyone know anything about HDD upgradability for these two? Seems like it's difficult to reach.

I really like being able to use and hold the C1 as a tablet (plus it's cheaper), but it's hard for me to get over the 4GB memory and overall lower specs issue.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

if you do intensive photo processing, shouldn't you be looking at a more powerful processor? granted the machines have good graphics cards, but i wonder if the ULV processors are going to give you enough power for your work.

They both use a 4200 rpm hard drive which is going to slow you down further, and these 1.8'' pata drives don't come in as high capacities as the sata drives.

3. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Pen Pal - Newbie

I also require something super portable (small, 11" wide max) and super light at under 3lb, so I'm stuck with the ULV processors.

As for the HDD, the first thing I'll do is replace the HDD with a SSD. Which reminds me, does anyone know if you can replace the HDD on these things? It doesn't look like they're easily accessible.