Shipping Information

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by houseofboyd, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A real nightmare to obtain a slate 500.
    After Expansys which finally refused after 2 months to delver my order, Zones refused my French credit card.
    I just ordered to BLT. We will see.

Rick, when you will decide to sale this product in Europe, even in English. For instance in UK?

2. rockface

rockface Scribbler - Standard Member

thierryb and I may be at the far fringe of what can go wrong. And while we feel like the whos in whoville, that no one notices, we yell with a long loud cry... "WE WANT OUR SLATES!"

Out of curiosity I checked HP's web site to see what the wait time is. It's now down to 4 weeks. I kind of chuckled because I was told 5 or 6 weeks on December 16th. It's been almost 12 weeks now and I'm still waiting.

Understanding FedEx smashed my original shipment and never even delivered it. HP had gotten their money, so even though i never received the product their "replacement policy" is to stick me at the end of the line.

Bottom line... I still don't have a replacement shipping notice. I did get an email stating SMB expects to ship me Slate on the 8th - making the 1st delivery (that makes to my door) about 13 weeks after placing my order.

IF it arrives, I'll still have to find someone back home to re-ship it to me in Australia, They've taken so long, my wife will be here (in Whoville) with me.

"WE WANT OUR SLATES!"

3. houseofboyd

houseofboyd Pen Pal - Newbie

I totally understand your frustration and I'm sure it's about to get the best of you. I just don't understand HP's logic at all. Other than Rick being and active member of these forums and taking his time to communicate with us, we all would've been lost for the past 5 months. Yes, over 5 months since HP started taking orders for these things. To be honest, I'm scared to death to order anything from HP now. I ordered a USB optical drive (dvd drive) on 2/2/2011 and it has yet to be shipped. Yet, they're readily available on eBay. Go figure. Maybe it's because I used my eCoupon and HP has decided to just drag their feet and hope that I'll go away. I contacted support on Wednesday of last week to report the issue with the screen separation. The person I spoke to was very nice and agreed that this was a problem, I got a case number and was told that somebody would contact me with 24 hours. I did receive a confirmation email concerning the case being opened, but have yet to be contacted by ANYBODY! I was told that my replacement Slate would arrive withing 20 to 25 days. And it might, I don't know, but I'm not holding my breath. My screen has remained "in place" since I snapped it into place last Thursday, but I know it'll do it again. Something about it just isn't right. And seeing some of the pictures of Slates that have been delivered to people are downright horrible. Totally unacceptable. I've always ordered from Dell directly and this is the first time that I've dipped my toes in HP's pond. And to me, the water is just too cold. We'll be replacing 80 workstations within the next 60 days and had kicked around the idea of giving HP a chance, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. We've been so impressed with the Slates performance and ability. I'd love to order 10 more for our engineers and techs, but to be realistic, I don't think it's going to happen. We'll probably end up jumping on the Apple band wagon and order the iPad2 on the 11th. Ok, I've ranted long enough. I really hope you get your Slate soon. You'll love it, I just hope that you don't experience any of the build issues that we're seeing pop up and have to deal with HP support anytime soon!

4. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

While I agree that HP has been overwhelmingly sloppy on the way they have handled the Slate (production, shipment and, in some cases, build quality), surrendering to the iFad is a lame move in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Those who are still waiting for their Slates should consider an Asus EP121, instead. While I agree that the Slate has the best size and weight, I don't think this "via crucis" to get it shipped is worth it! Especially if the unit you receive happens to have the building problems presented in another thread. Maybe you guys can play with the EP121 for a few days and, once you finally receive your Slates, you can decide which tablet to keep. Just an idea...

5. rockface

I'm really looking for a lighter, more portable replacement for my laptop. So Windows 7 is required. I had the power to choose 3 weeks ago when I still had the money, but now that HP and Zones have both taken my money, the waiting is MUCH more difficult.

As size goes:
    The 7" Android tablets all look like large cell phones and the EP121's 12" screen would be like carrying around a monitor. (Like this review). The Xoom and iPad are about the largest screen i'd ever want for a tablet (but there not Windows 7). That said the Slate 500 is about the perfect size and the right O.S.

It's Monday here in Australia, and I was hoping my zones.com order would have come today... no such luck? My wife forgot to request a tracking number, so every day is a new waiting game. life is like a box of chocolates.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. rockface

IT came!
    This is my first time inking:)

NOTE: And I don't see any defects in it.

7. cmergel

cmergel IT Mgr. / DBA by trade.

Congrats rockface. Glad to see you finally have it down under...

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

My congratulations, too. I hope that you find the Slate to have been worth the wait...

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Cool! Congratulations! :)

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

21 hours has lapsed and we have no impressions or reviiew from down-under?

Bronsky:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.