Discussion in 'Dell' started by Jcink, Nov 26, 2013.
Why would anyone buy it when it's $60 more then Dell?
If you've been wanting a high end I5 4300Y 8/256 GB model, shopblt.com appears to have 95 in stock. The price looks to be about 15% higher than the original Dell price (which is no longer offered on the Dell website). Not sure if there are any warranty and/or other options that are causing the higher price, or if its just supply vs demand.
Looks like my tablet has been shipped. It is not updated on the website though. but my corporate rep has confirmed that it is on the shuttle.. Supposedly coming in from Mexico though.. so may take a while to get here.. He suspects Thursday or Friday.
So looks like orders are getting processed and sent out.. Hopefully they start filling the backlog quickly and start delivering instead of losing orders...
Ok, mine has finally moved from In Progress to Shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday (1/15). I originally ordered the Dell 11 Pro 4300Y/8/256 on 11/18/2013. Can't wait. Just wanted to give hope to all those who ordered theirs after me. I will let you know what I think when i get it.
Anyone got any insight into the Mobile Keyboard (the one with the battery?). I ordered mine on 12/18 and it was supposed to arrive 1/10 but on 1/10 Dell changed it to 1/17 on their website.
Are people still getting these or is Dell not shipping while they wait for a new shipment that fixes some Quality Control issue?
I don't want to burst anyone's bubbles BUT be ready to face bunch of issues when you first get your tablet.
To name a few issues I've faced so far:
1) Touchy touch screen. Single taps register as double taps, causes double characters using on screen keyboard and unintended zooming using IE.
2) Pathetic stylus with so many issues (battery drain, hover click, etc). Only if you are going to use stylus.
3) Random freezing and BSOD. The cause and cure still not clearly known.
4) High battery drain during connected standby (sleep). I lose about 2-3% per hour so it's not practical to put mine to sleep overnight.
5) Mediocre Dell technical support. They are nice and try to be helpful but I found them to be pretty useless when it comes to solving actual issues.
What I've done to my tablet to fix some of these issues:
1) Installed all the latest Dell and Window updates.
2) Uninstalled Intel Display driver and installed the latest Intel driver. For some reason, the tablet does not come with latest driver.
3) Uninstall and reinstall the realtek audio driver from control panel. This seems to help with the realtek from crashing often.
Now my tablet (4210Y 4/128) is pretty stable. All I have to do now is track down and fix the high battery drain during connected standby. Once I can do that, I'll be a happy camper.
Luckily not all of us are having problems. This is a brand new series of tablet, there are going to be growing pains with something so new. I am an early adopter of technology and I expect issues. I hope people remember this before they purchase this tablet. My v11pro i3-4-128 is my 18th tablet, I have had them all and I must say it is by far the best. I always do a clean install of the OS on anything I buy so maybe that is why I am not having any of the issues you listed. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with getting your tablet the way you want it.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III using Tapatalk HD
Everything except Touchscreen is working good.
No battery drain or something
Only my touchscreen got a few ares where input will not registred. That areas are really small but it should perfect.
Venue 11 Pro 5130
x2 on the reloading of the OS immediately.
Every laptop I have ever bought has had the OS wiped withing hours of delivery. I typically can't stand the vendor pre-loaded crapware and this is the only way to work around it and be sure that it's gone...
I suspect that the issues are not widespread since they have sold many of these and there are only a handful of people having issues...
I suspect that the first round of updates will fix most of the issues.
I think there are more than "handful" of people having various issues. There are many threads over at official Dell forum with many people reporting several issues with these tablets.
Also, my replacement from Amazon had same issues as my original tablet. That doesn't prove it but it seems the issue is fairly widespread.
Separate names with a comma.