Shipping Estimates for Venue 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Jcink, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

That sucks on your wait. Will do. I'm going to wait two days to see if the one from Dell ships before I open the one that comes tomorrow.. maybe.. :) if the one from Dell is shipped on Friday, I'll just return the one from Amazon this weekend.

2. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

So far that German website seems to be spot on that I found, link in the forum somewhere but I can't find it.

The comment on the delays:

i5 4300/8GB/256GB some have 6 weeks delay
    Baytrail about 3-4 days delay
    i3 up to a week
    i5's 2 weeks.

Again the worse hit it seems is the top spec / maxed spec one.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. cosyn

cosyn Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh hey in the East Bay!

I finally got notification that the i5/8GB/256GB I ordered on Nov 18 is delayed until Jan 9. I went ahead and ordered the Amazon I5/4GB/128GB model like everyone else is doing just in case the delays drag on. Not really willing to take the risk on the Amazon I5/8GB/256GB because of the screen problems others have reported and production team's note about system issues I mentioned in an earlier post.

What do folks think about the i4220Y instead of i4300Y processor? The benchmarks don't seem to favor the i4300Y.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    crashsuit likes this.
  4. Hendrickson

Hendrickson Scribbler - Standard Member

Honestly i4300Y vs 4210Y real world we wont see the difference. I'm waiting for confirmation and refund of my canceled i5 4300Y/8GB/256GB to be honest if i reorder after I get a chance to test my baytrail and need the i5's extra power. I think I will just get the i5 with 4GB and 128GB. Least i know it will not be delivered mid Feb 2014.

The plus side is since we can upgrade the SSD, I could later put a 256GB M.2 Samsung Evo in it when they come out. I think the 4300Y is not worth it now. Since Dell could have the i5's throttling a bit too to control heat.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    cosyn and crashsuit like this.
  5. mike4732

mike4732 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just cancelled my order for my V11P w/ the i5, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD. I ordered it from Dell on the 2nd of December with a delivery date of January 14th.

I just ordered the same model/specs from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. :)

panzer06 and crashsuit like this.
  6. xrayzebra

xrayzebra Scribbler - Standard Member

My original delivery date was shown as today, Dec 18, on an order placed around Nov 11 for a V11 7130 (i5.) Yesterday, they updated the delivery estimate to Dec 27. :(

I've had my mobile keyboard, dock, and stylus (which I can at least use with my V8P) for a few weeks now. Go the Targus SafePort case pretty quickly. Waiting on another stylus. Really eager to get my hands on the tablet.

7. panzer06

panzer06 Pen Pal - Newbie

I too just ordered from Amazon as my estimated ship date from Dell is in early Jan. I'll cancel the Dell order once the Amazon order is in my hands Friday.

Cheers,

8. xrayzebra

xrayzebra Scribbler - Standard Member

Apparently, Amazon or one of their vendors has the clout to suck up our orders and leave us holding the bag! (Going there now to check.)

(Edit: Just bought the same V11. i5, 4g/128g, showing guaranteed delivery Friday, Dec. 20, saved a few bucks on shipping compared to my dell.com order that will be cancelled when this one shows up.)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    panzer06 likes this.
  9. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Pen Pal - Newbie

The most here can order it from an other site but here in Germany it´s not so easy.
    Dell got the best price for Dell Venue 11 Pro -.-
    I want to cancel my order and order it from another store

10. josemh

josemh Pen Pal - Newbie

I just canceled my order with Dell and ordered it through Amazon.

I spoke with a Dell rep this morning and was told my order is set to be delivered on 12/23, while the website shows 'In Production' and an estimated delivery date of 12/20. They said it was in route from manufacturing, I assume from China to their US distribution center, and set to be shipped to me. I told them that is unacceptable as I am traveling for two weeks leaving on 12/21.

My Amazon order actually came out a little cheaper, even with the next day delivery. So it looks like I will finally have my 7130 tomorrow!