Shipping Estimates for Venue 11 Pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Jcink, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Jcink

Jcink Scribbler - Standard Member

I added Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130) with nothing changed/added, standard model as posted on the site, to my shopping cart last week when the estimated shipping date was 12/16. I finally placed my order on Saturday.

The arrival date of the VP 11 Pro according to my order says... 01/07/2014.

How can this possibly be? Is the demand too high for these? Am I really not going to get this tablet before Christmas? That would be a huge bummer for me. Has anyone else ordered this and had an estimated arrival date or shipping date that was way out there? I have 2 day business shipping applied for free at the moment. Not sure if that screwed me or what.

2. edgedemon

edgedemon Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad to see it is not just me. Ordered 15/11, original estimate 03/12, order confirmation email stating 27/12 :(
    Not happy, but with it being the only tablet with a replaceable battery, the only thing to do is wait I guess

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk

3. cyberguy

cyberguy Pen Pal - Newbie

It is funny how Windowd 8.1 tablet is so hard to find and Apple and Android tablets are all over the place. I am talking specifically the 256 GB Surface Pro 2 and the Dell Venue 11 pro.

4. spacecadet610

spacecadet610 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered 11/8, initial estimated delivery 12/11.

Found that it shipped today, arriving tomorrow!

5. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

Ordered 11/7, estimated 12/10 delivery.. still 12/10 delivery
    This is for the i5 8GB, 256GB SSD version
    Keyboard came in yesterday

6. hermano

hermano Pen Pal - Newbie

Is this for an i3/i5 version?

Could you be kind enough to post your thoughts on battery life/performance/heat when you've had a play with it?

7. Jcink

Well, good to know I'm not alone.

Even more worrying to me now is the fact that the estimated shipping date has gone up each day that goes by on Dell.com. ALL models of this tablet are estimated delivery on 12/30/2013.

Maybe Dell just does not want any responsibility in case they can't deliver in time. But that's annoying, especially those of us who are going away for Christmas or were hoping to have it around there.

8. binky_rutledge

binky_rutledge Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered my bay trail 11 on thursday of last week and it was supposed to ship 12/27 however it shipped yesterday! Very excited, I just got my v8p today too!

9. klas

klas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm, I hope that means Amazon orders will start shipping out too, mine still says 12/17.

10. Jcink

Look at the site today. The ship date has been automatically increasing by 2-3 days each day that goes by. Yikes. I don't know what they're thinking, if I saw that and wanted to get it for Christmas or before Christmas, I'd be extremely turned off by those estimates.