Shipped already??

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by LaptopGuru, Nov 17, 2007.

1. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

OK I got the laptops today, received an RMA number for the one I'm shipping back. Then I experienced Lenovo's notorious horrible customer service talking to their return department, claiming that even though I called in to change the battery a day before it shipped, I would still be charged the 15% restocking fee if I wanted to return the laptop because they won't exchange the batteries. Talked for a long time arguing with a rep, and by the time I got off and was going to try calling again, the department was closed, so I'll try again tomorrow. :mad:

BTW, just looking through the plastic (haven't opened any of the bags within the box yet, my x61 is embossed with only Thinkpad x61, is this the same with everyone receiving theirs this week? Anyone have IBM on it?

EDIT: Called this morning and got a second RMA and will not be charged restocking fee, so I will call to place another order. Received a very helpful rep this time on the Returns side.

2. Paper_Machine

Paper_Machine Pen Pal - Newbie

AHGHGH!!

Im sick of IBM/Lenovo service, they don't do anything right. Ok well i'll get on with my problem. I cancelled my order 2 days after i had placed it. I emailed them and I called to follow up.

They said it would take 24 - 48 hours before the changes would apply.
    I was alright with this. In the system, per Rep, "I see in the system that you have put an order to cancel." They said it was in the SYSTEM!!

So why am I getting another laptop after I cancelled it. Are they doing this on purpose? My order shipped three weeks earlier than scheduled and Lenovo said I had nothing to worry about.

The thing is when I had placed my order there was a processing status on my bank account the next business day. On the third day after I had put the cancellation request in the the balance was removed from my account..
    Now it seems they are shipping me a free laptop? I suppose this could be a good thing. But most likely they will find this error and result in more problems for me.

Any input or opinions on this would be appreciated. Especially, inputs on my account balance. Specifically, Do they charge the account when the item is received or when the item is shipped?

Thanks in Advance

3. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know that you can call and speak to the returns department explaining you called to cancel BEFORE it shipped. If the rep isn't having it, hang up and call again to get another rep, that's what I had to do. As for getting a free laptop, I don't know when they charge or if they'd find out, you're on your own with that one :)

4. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered again this morning, they were able to price match. Hopefully it doesn't take too long and hopefully I have a better chance of receiving one with the bezel fix.

Anyone find it interesting that mine came with just the Thinkpad logo and no IBM? I thought those were only for preconfigured machines.

5. tivoboy

tivoboy Pen Pal - Newbie

paper_machine. Did you get my PM?
    Anyone with an extra X61T I'm looking for one to buy!!

6. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

wow, Lenovo must be on their game lately, my new order just shipped! Ordered last Friday, that's like a 4 day turn around for a configured machine. Hopefully it being configured/shipped quick doesn't mean it'll suffer more in terms of quality

7. x60t

x60t Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah. Lenovo ships fast now. My 10/28 SXGA+ CTO order with ESD 11/22 shipped on 11/7, arrived in my friend's home in CA 11/12! She'll send it to me this weekend. I'll have a detailed open box report. ^^

8. tivoboy

tivoboy Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered an x61 on 10/31, had a ship date of 11/22, came last week, on about the 8th. Nice turn around, shipped from china

9. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

got my x61 today! I don't see an extra screw above the hinge as someone else mentioned might be the fix to the bezel issue, just see a single circle/screw. I notice more wobble than I thought there would be, when the laptop is in laptop mode and I push on the top of the screen left to right. By the way, the stickers with my laptop are the thinkpad only, no IBM. Anyone have more questions just ask, I'll try to answer when I can

10. LaptopGuru

LaptopGuru Scribbler - Standard Member

sp_17, I don't see it in your posts or your sig -- did you order the SXGA+ model or XGA? Assuming you are talking about the SXGA+, as I have not heard of any bezel issues with the XGA. My XGA bezel has one screw centered, directly above the hinge.

Good luck either way, hopefully it holds up for you.