SHARP Electronic Memo Pad Advice??

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Amy, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Amy

Amy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, I recently found out about Sharp's line of electronic memo pads. It basically what I am looking for but the thing is that the resolution looks low and I am afraid it won't be visible if I wanted to look at my notes when outside. Also I don't like the fact that I can't download a PDF file from my Macbook Pro onto it. I have digital textbooks and it would be great if I could some how get them on it. If there's anyway to get my digital textbooks on it please let me know! Also with the resolution would a clip on book light help with that, especially if I were to use it outside sometimes?

Overall these are my concerns and I would like some advice on the Wg-S20, Wg-N20, Wg-N10, and the upcoming Wg-S30. What are the differences between them if you know them and which would you recommend?

Thanks!

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That thing is using E Ink screen so it would look better in sunlight than indoors. Don't they have backlighting at all in fact, so indoors, you better be next to a good lamp.

Do you really want to have something that comes only in Japanese BTW? Sounds like a pain.

There was similar device with a proper Wacom Pen from Sony, but it was HUGE (13.3") and $1000.

There was also a none E Ink B and W LCD device with Wacom pen called EA800 from Asus. You can still find them on EBay, and you can definitely shove PDF files into it, but they will need battery replacement and even with a new battery, you will be getting far shorter battery life than E Ink devices with weeks of battery life.

I think you are better off finding a Kindle E Reader with touch or something.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Also, you can't search your notes on the Sharp. It works fine outdoors. All notes are exported as PNG files. True, the UI is in Japanese but the icons all have pictures and are easy to understand, but settings will require language help, unless you read Japanese.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. Amy

Amy Pen Pal - Newbie

A kindle wouldn't give me the option of handwriting my notes. But the EA800 from Asus sounds promising if I decide to forgo the Sharp memo pad. Thanks for letting me know about the Asus device!

5. Amy

Amy Pen Pal - Newbie

Ugh yeah that's disappointing that it only exports files. Thanks for letting me know; and I also think the language barrier would be ok once I play around with it.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I should also mention that putting your hand on it may cause vectoring, so palm rejection isn't exactly stellar. The stylus is just a stick.

Balbutio ergo sum

Amy likes this.
  7. Amy

Amy Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't seem to find the EA800 on EBay. Do you have a link for it?

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

it's pretty freaking old so they may all be gone by now. Why don't you get an 8" Windows tablet with pen instead? Dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 is like $140 on eBay. Add another $40 for the pen and you are golden.

Amy likes this.
  9. Amy

Amy Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I'll probably have to end up going that route