Share your desk setup thread!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by T-ravisty, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

Its on an ergotron LX arm mounted to an Ergotron notebook tray. I have the Fujitsu dock stuck to the tray with industrial velcro. The t904 snaps in and out of the dock with ease. It can plug in closed (as shown), open like laptop, or be in tablet mode. In tablet mode I can drag it down to desktop level and use it like a mini-Cintiq. I have the same setup in a remote office where I don't have the Cintiq but ocassionally need to use the t904 to paint or sketch or even sign docs. To effectively draw on it it needs to rest on the desk top or it will bounce.

Here's the remote office setup. Please note that is NOT an Ergotron arm on the right. The black Arm has far fewer config options than the Ergotron LX arms. In this setup I'm not using the notebook tray, I just made a slab of maple that the second dock attaches to. I took this pic just for you Meso. Most of the time the t904 is floating as a 3rd screen to the left of the big monitor.
    Ergotron office 2.jpg

LX Arm
    http://www.amazon.com/LX-Desk-Mount...147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VXAD0FS6R4NM9QSCPNH

Notebook Tray
    http://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-Notebook-Arm-Mount-Tray/dp/B000ECUMTS/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FWDYV2H3Z607YN8S6J1&dpID=4134dAGUiCL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

EDIT:
    Here;s a pic I had posted to another thread a while back. It shows some other views. Simple piece of cable management plastic tray on the back of the maple slab keeps the cables off the desktop. IMG_2261.jpg

EDIT 2
    One more of everything floating. Normal setup for business.
    Offcie 2_0629.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Mesosphere likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well I suppose I'll update my setup. It has changed a bit since I last posted here.

destktop_setup_150921 (1280x720).jpg

cleft and Precurve like this.
  3. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

Here is my setup:

Capture.jpg

Precurve and Mesosphere like this.
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Wow, landline! How cool is that. Great retro approach. :rolleyes:

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Mesosphere and stoneseeker like this.
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey now, I only just upgraded myself!

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

In the tech backwards US they are still necessary. I get 1 bar (2 if I'm lucky) in my office... Also, it came with the office =)

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Holy crap!

Does the theme from "2001 - A Space Odyssey" play through your head when you sit down at that rig?

Who needs coffee in the morning? You have PIXELS measured by the square foot!

jnjroach and Mesosphere like this.
  8. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

jnjroach, Does the Surface dock drive both of those monitors without a lot of tweaks? I was tracking the 4K monitor thread a year or so ago and thought there was some highly conditional requirements to get that to work. Is it plug 'n play now?

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

I'm using the Dock and an Accell MST Display Port active hub and using the updated Intel Driver configured with a custom resolution to run it at 50Hz....

Mesosphere and Precurve like this.
  10. Mesosphere

Do many of the apps you work with regularly support scaling well enough to take advantage of the 4k monitor? I'm hesitant to move far above 100 dpi since too many of the apps I use don't scale well... I've been considering a 43 inch 4K TV though to be used as a monitor =)