Several questions for my T4220

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by phuthanvinh, Oct 27, 2007.

1. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I have several questions for my new tablet, has anyone tried the cover case for T4220? I saw it on ebay and not sure how it fits my tablet since If i rotate the screen around and stuff. Second my tablet screen is Indoor and Outdoor and how do I find out if this is true? Third, what is a calibration in a tablet and what does it do? and the last questions, I plan to upgrade my HD to 200gb 7200 rpm, different brand and upgrade my RAM, what specific kinds of HD and Ram should I buy in order to be able to use for my Tablet? Thanks a bunch guys

2. incomprehensible

incomprehensible T4220 Owner

Care to give us a link? There are a million cases on eBay and we can't tell which one you're talking about because Fujitsu calls none of their T4220 cases a "cover case"

The best way to test this would be to go outside in the sun and see if you can see the screen to your satisfaction. Seriously, unless you can ask the person you got it from. On the Tablet itself it's not marked

Calibration of the tablet would determine how responsive it is to the pen, if it can keep up, and whether or not it "matches"

i.e. if I write on the screen, would the strokes show up exactly where I wrote them as I wrote them? If so, it is properly calibrated

1) I would recommend Hitachi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145160

It has a 16mb cache, none of the others do

2) The Fujitsu T series is picky on RAM. Try to get Crucial RAM if you can, because they did a compatibility test with the T4220. The sticks that come in the T4220 are Samsung. Kingston is incompatible with the T4220.

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

If you check your order (online or paper format) in the description there should be the words of XGA INDOOR/OUTDOOR somewhere there. If you don't see any of these words, INDOOR/OUTDOOR especially, you don't possess a unit with an indoor/outdoor display.

4. axon

axon Pen Pal - Newbie

INDOOR/OUTDOOR doesn't mean that you can view the screen prefectly in the direct sunlight.
    T4220 is fine in that I can discern the screen in the direct sunlight with maximum LCD brightness.
    If you want perfect outdoor viewability, consider ST5111 which has a reflective screen.

5. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you guys so much for the help, I bought this one brand new on ebay, and shipped originally from the official Fujitsu store, in the description it says the screen is outdoor and indoor, but just to make sure, I think the best way is to call them, also I think there won't be any case would fit the tablet, and Yeah I would go for the Hitachi HD and Ram. About the calibration things, I just wonder what it is, now I get it. Thanks :rolleyes: