SetSlate returned error. FjSetSlt is exiting

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by airgaps, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emotionr

emotionr Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok after doing some more troubleshooting.
    I finally fixed it, it appears that Java's latest update 6 is conflicting so even if you install. You get your fjsetsl.exe invoked then it just creates parse errors.

So uninstall your Jave 6 update, and if that doesn't work for you. Check your msconfig --> startup items. Check it all and see if it helps then eliminate 1 by 1 to see which one is causing your system to do this error. GOOD LUCK!

2. topher

topher Pen Pal - Newbie

Any progress on this? Uninstalling Java didn't do it, and I'm hoping to avoid the tedium of checking my startups....

3. chrwac

chrwac Pen Pal - Newbie

Got this same error after updating. Other symptoms - when undocking the display would just switch over to tablet mode on its own. Also, it wouldn't switch back when redocked...had to hit the button. Attempts at reinstalling triggered errors during install routine also referencing fjsetslt.exe.

Noticed Fujitsu says to uninstall original button utility before installing the update - maybe this is source of problem? Anyhow, I didn't see that until after the fact. I had done a number of updates all at once so I didn't want to go the system restore route and waste all that time. System restore is not exactly fullproof anyway, so I don't like to use it unless absolutely necessary.

Tried uninstalling java and then repairing the button utility install...didn't work. Uninstalled the button utility & rebooted. Reinstalled the button utility (java still uninstalled) and this time encountered no errors during install. Rebooted & the error was gone & the display behaved when undocking. Reinstalled the latest java & it was still good. The only other thing that I did different was I ran the install directly from the desktop rather than off a network share. Hope this helps someone. This was my bosses pc so I wasn't about to let that error ride.

4. shoebox9

shoebox9 Pen Pal - Newbie

This solved it with XP on my T2010.

Thanks heaps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.