Serious software/hardware issues with Asus Vivotab tf810c

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Metapuns, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Metapuns

Metapuns Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought a used vivotab tf810c to use for digital art. I don't have exactly $700 to spare so had to settle for this one being only $150. So far it has been an absolute nightmare.

1. The pen calibration is completely off even after calibrating and reseting.
    The wacom pen cursor is almost half an inch off where I touch the screen and it keeps changing! I've already updated the driver and it fixed some pressure sensitivity issues but that's it. It only has gotten worse every time I try to calibrate it and revert.

2. "DOS-like" screen appeared after it suddenly began deleting files right before my eyes!
    My tablet began to flip out and "transfer" some folders and programs on my desktop for no reason. An error message would pop up saying "failed to transfer files" and then delete my stuff. Then when I shut down my computer in fear, turning it back on triggered this blue and white screen with text. I don't remember what it said but I just restarted it again and it booted up normally...

3. The pen also would randomly "press" even when I was merely hovering.
    When I finally decided to draw I noticed my pen would change settings on me. I realised it was "clicking" when I was merely hovering my pen over the toolbar of my program. This is horrible because when I'd go to simply add a new layer, I would move my stylus above the brush settings and they would get all messed up!

I just need some help and advice... I plan to try to reach customer service soon but I anything helps!

Thank you!

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sounds defective but it may also have some sort of malware. I suggest you do a PC Reset to restore it to factory settings.

thatcomicsguy likes this.