Series 7 Slate Models

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm...it's all a mess. I'm sure it will get cleared up though.

I just can't imagine a "business" machine having Home Premium. It doesn't make sense. Which is why I think both business machines will have Pro and both consumer machines will have Home Premium.

2. kmroth20

kmroth20 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just confirmed it with a representative from the business division of Samsung. The model 05 will only be available in a 64 GB hard drive. Amazon and the other sites selling it are incorrect. It is amazing that they have not verified their information. It only took me 3 minutes to get that info.

3. area52

area52 Scribbler - Standard Member

Got your point times two two two two. There's an echo echo echo. Good point point.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...A05 is a business model, so it will have Windows Pro...>>

c: I certainly agree that makes better sense; however, the other product pages line up with what we know, so for now my inclination is to believe them.

<<...Great breakdown...Thank you...>>

...You're welcome. My observation is that collecting information together in a single thread like this can be very handy...

<<...With so many previous blunders/changes, its not likely there are more...>>

...I wish I could believe that! Seriously, Samsung has done a terrible job with this. I just hope that we're over the worst of it...!

5. kmroth20

kmroth20 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received confirmation from a representative at Samsung regarding the 03 model. He said that it does come with the keyboard and dock. He assured me that if I ordered from Amazon and don't receive the dock and keyboard, that I am to call back and he will send them out for no charge. It does state on the website that the 03 model for 1349 does come with the items so we are entitled to receive them. The slate must be ordered from the five retailers they suggest on the website for the offer to be valid.

6. abdo_85

abdo_85 Pen Pal - Newbie

And What about 3G/GPS option? please we need another confirmation, which model support it ?

and Ambient Temperature for the tablet as it is not specified in Samsung specs?

Thanks in advance

7. Steve S

<<...And What about 3G/GPS option?..>>

abdo: Unfortunately, none of the current models feature 3G / GPS. I don't know why Apple seems to be able to pull this off (WWAN available from day 1), but for some reason the PC OEMs can't seem to do it.

If Samsung is typical, WWAN is still about six months away...

8. abdo_85

abdo_85 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your quick reply, I hope to see it support WWAN soon.

9. Steve S

OK; I lied! Another update incorporating the most recent comments. Thanks to member John566 for the feedback on microSDXC card compatibility...

10. Smokah

Smokah Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone confirm that the 03 model comes with the dock/keyboard in the single package?

I emailed shopBLT to clarify the inclusion of these two items and they are saying that they are optional for the 03. If the 03 is one package containing the dock and keyboard included then I can go ahead and order regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.