Series 7 Slate Models

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

When I open the link.. I got forwarded to an error page.

What is the difference between 128G and 128GB SSD?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I got forwarded to an error page...>>

...Not sure what the implications of that are. I can open the attachment, but with some difficulty...

<<...What is the difference between 128G and 128GB SSD?..>>

No difference, as far as I can see. The notation is just sloppy; he's saying "G" when he really means "GB"...

3. Steve S

Table of model features is now visible in the posting.

Comments or corrections to improve this table are welcome...

4. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

A05 is listed as having 128GB on J&R, which I hope is true.

Free stand shipping, $10 off with code "jrgoog," and 3% fatwallet cashback brings the total to $1153.33, which is by far the cheapest price. But I guess that depends on when it ships.

Pre-ordered anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Steve S

...Just heard from Samsung's US PR firm. They promise to have a "detailed spec sheet" available soon. I wonder if events are already moving so quickly that their information will be overcome by events?

6. Steve S

Final table update, based on current information at the Samsung web site...

7. kmroth20

kmroth20 Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you certain that the 05 model has 64 GB rather than 128GB? I spoke with a representative from Amazon and JandR and they both said that the 05 is 128GB. I don't know what to believe anymore.

8. Steve S

<<...Are you certain that the 05 model has 64 GB rather than 128GB?..>>

...I puzzled over that, too, last night... But Samsung's product page clearly shows that the SSD is a 64 GB unit and not a 128 GB unit:

Features and Specifications - Series 7 11.6" Business Slate | Samsung IT Business Products

It bears noting that the other three product pages align accurately with what we now know about the -A04US and what little I was able to find out about the -A03US model, so for now I'm inclined to believe the product page information.

However, there is another inconsistency; Win7 Home Premium in combination with a TPM...??? That doesn't make sense.

If you purchase, just be sure that your seller has a reasonable return policy...

The bottom line here is that Samsung has done a terrible disservice to its customers by failing to publish this information clearly and early. I give them credit for having product available in a reasonable timeframe after the usual phony "introduction," but if I had had this information a month ago, I would have made a different purchasing decision...

9. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

A05 is a business model, so it will have Windows Pro. CDW website lists it as in stock and having Win Pro.

This would make sense, because A04 and A05 are only listed under Samsung Business. Whereas, A01 and A03 are under Samsung Consumer and both have Home Premium.

Great breakdown Steve S, it's very useful to have this information laid out. Thank you.

10. area52

area52 Scribbler - Standard Member

CDW's listings are incorrect in some places (look at their A04) and incomplete in others. You have to take Samsung at their word that the A05 has Home w/ 64GB, not Pro. Ideally, at this point they should have everything set in stone without typos/errors. With so many previous blunders/changes, its not likely there are more; yet I still have my doubts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.