Series 7 Slate Models

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

A somewhat more complete description of the models. Additions and corrections are welcome! (Revision 11, 03Jul12)

The Samsung USA web site currently posts data for the seven current US models of the Series 7 Slate; A01US through A06US plus the H01US model that features HSPA WWAN. See this URL for information about all seven models:

Tablet PCs | Samsung

<> As sold by Microsoft, Model -A04US features a Win7 Signature (Professional + SP1) software load. As sold by others, Model -A04US features Win7 Professional + SP1
    <> The keyboard, dock and two cases are accessories (see the Samsung web site for referrals to retail resellers)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. Steve S

UPDATE: Found an image hosting site ( www.tinypic.com ).

Table is now directly visible...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Table size is tiny now :(

I'm trying to decide on which model to get, and I'm wondering if the A03US model definitely includes the dock and stuff. Any evidence either way? I mean there has to be some difference between the 05US and 03US in order to justify the same price for the 03US with the Windows 7 Home Premium, right?

4. Steve S

<<...Table size is tiny now...>>

...Yeah, I know. I don't have a server address so I have to use the attachment approach. When the table was larger, it took forever to open on some computers. I compressed it 3:1 and now it opens quickly, but you have to pinch-expand the image to read it. I'll update the table soon and try a less agressive level of compression...

<<...I'm wondering if the A03US model definitely includes the dock and stuff...>>

...I'm convinced that it does, but based on the S7S thread, I seem to be the only one! I'm talking with someone at Samsung's US-based PR firm for computers and he has promised to get us the proper model descriptions, but it's been a few days and no response... yet...

<<...there has to be some difference...in order to justify the same price...>>

...I certainly agree, which is why I think it includes the dock & keyboard bundle.

But I had another thought a couple of days ago... what if -A03US is the model that includes the 3G modem...?

It's really irritating because Samsung could so easily put the whole thing to rest by fleshing out the descriptions on their US website. Why they don't is beyond me...

5. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you for working at this Steve. I hope you have some answers before Nov 1st so I can either go with MS Store model or cancel and go Amazon A03 route.

6. thecakeisalie

Oh goodness. I sure hope not. Don't need 3G, would rather get the dock / keyboard :)

By the way, thanks for posting the larger copy. Much more legible. Maybe you could throw the spreadsheet up on Google Docs and make it public?

EDIT: Found this post in the Series 7 Slate thread, quoting an email: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sam...sung-series-7-slate-thread-81.html#post256295

7. bkydcmpr

bkydcmpr Scribbler - Standard Member

No 3G means no GPS, which will be a really big thing for tablets down the road (augmented map, and 3D topological holomap apps will soon be mainstream, that's why gyroscope is getting so hot in next generation of OSs)

8. Steve S

<<...3G means no GPS...>>

...That's correct; but if the posting at Amazon (thanks, cake!) is correct, then it appears that we don't have anything to worry about...?!??

9. thecakeisalie

Good point, forgot about that part. Well, including either 3G or the accessories would make me happy then :cool:

10. Steve S

<<...XE700T1A-A03US : $1,349/i5/4G/128G SSD/ Win7 Home Premium with docking and KBD...>>

...Another unhappy thought; I think I misread these descriptions! It suddenly occurred to me that the "4G" probably means 4GB of RAM, not WWAN. Note that the SSD is described as 128G, not 128GB.

Will correct the table accordingly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.