Series 7 Slate cases

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hysonmb

hysonmb Pen Pal - Newbie

Is CDW shipping now? I saw it there but it said "call for availability".

Including the case and keyboard are things that Asus got right with the EP121. It would have been nice to have one at least ready to ship with this computer. I guess when it goes mass market there will be more options out there.

2. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

This looks like a decent sleeve...it's neoprene so, it should offer enough padding and protection for the S7S.

Belkin Black-Neoprene-Air-Sleeve-Macbook

Not bad at all for only $15 bucks!

I saw the same thing but, I also seen something that said, "In Stock." So far, all I got was an order confirmation!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. VegasPat73

VegasPat73 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had called CDW to confirm availabilty and the rep said they would get them on 11/23.

4. VegasPat73

VegasPat73 Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the stand case through Best Buy For Business. Currently
    its a 1-2 week wait, but faster compared to the 11/23 date I got from CDW. BBFB charges tax, but has a free shipping promo going on.

5. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

When someone gets a case - if they have the dock - can they confirm they can use the dock without removing the S7S from the case?

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Also it'd be nice to know if there's an opening for the rear camera too. I don't exactly plan on using it much or anything, but it'd be nice to have the option.

7. tricky

tricky Pen Pal - Newbie

It's such an exact fit between the slate and dock I would be really surprised if it worked with the case.

8. rangerb3

I have a Targus bag, model BUS0214, that I bought for my Fujitsu P1630 sevaral months ago that fits the S7S perfectly! It's made of neoprene and is padded very well.

The main pocket is zippered across the top and has a nylon divider inside which will hold the S7S and a small BT keyboard side-by-side without touching each other and a large side pocket for accessories. The side pocket has a fold over flap that's secured with an adjustable strap and a very secure plastic clasp. Inside there are 3 pen holders, a business card sleeve, and is large enough to hold the power supply/cables, mouse, and dock or portable stand.

I found a link to it on Wal-Mart's website....here.... I believe I paid about $30 bucks for it at Wal-Mart and have since seen it cheaper in other stores...so, shop around if your interested in this bag!

This is a very nice carry bag for the S7S and all of it's accessories!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. hysonmb

hysonmb Pen Pal - Newbie

I went to Staples and bought one of the store brand portfolios along with some industrial strength Velcro. The computer holds securely in there and stands stable when it's open. The only two issues I have are that the Velcro on the portfolio side will need to be sewn, they want to come out when lifting the computer off of them The other is heat distribution. It's not getting too hot, but, since the air isn't moving freeley it is a little warmer so the fan runs more often

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. rangerb3

I don't know if I would want the leather rubbing on the screen when closed and inside a carry bag! Wouldn't it marr the screen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.