Series 7 Slate cases

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Oct 15, 2011.

1. AtiNz

AtiNz Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahhh right. Thanks Steve. Ive been through this thread but a lot of the straight forward options seem to be out of stock at this point or on back order.

When you say loose leaf may be a problem do you mean it might be a problem finding such a case or do you mean there may be a physical constraint which makes such a design impractical?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...do you mean it might be a problem finding such a case...>>

...Yes. The problem is that the Slate short and wide while paper is tall and somewhat narrow. A case sized for paper would be the wrong shape for the slate (and vice versa)...

3. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

Unless you can find a case for A4-size paper - the slate is almost the exact same dimensions as A4.

John

4. Valkirie

Valkirie Pen Pal - Newbie

What would be cool is a " USB Gaming Grip " for our Slate7.
    Based on Razer Project Fiona.

[​IMG]

An adapter that would be fixed to the slate as a jaw.

5. walko789

walko789 Pen Pal - Newbie

received mine and first day out one of the elastic closure pieces came off. not worth the trouble of shipping back to them :mad:

6. EdwoodNZ

EdwoodNZ Samsung S7 Slate

Hey folks... after reading through most of the 31 pages of this thread, I thought I'd avail you of my predicament / decision.

I use an Asus Ep121 which comes with a nice case with pen holder and will stand nicely in either portrait or landscape. I carry the tablet with me, jumping in and out of the car, and I and spend a reasonable amount of time standing outside writing notes. I would love to switch to the S7 for two reasons - 1) less weight, 2) better screen (but primarily weight). Whilst I think it is ridiculous to have a tablet without a pen holder, I'm happy enough if the case has one. Thanks to this thread, I realize there are options to jimmy a workaround.
    If I could walk down to the shop and pay $1,000 for the machine, I might just do just that, and buy the Samsung case, and jury rig some pen holder. However, the only stores here in New Zealand that have the S7 here will charge me over $1,800! I bought my Ep121 on E-Bay, so I would have to buy on E-Bay again to save myself the $800.

Long story short, this is rapidly descending into the too-hard-basket... I'll probably still deliberate, but for now, i'm sticking with my EP121, and the main reason? ...No Pen Holder in either the tablet or the case - I'm flabbergasted how this can be omitted.

Oh, and I don't really care about the dock. I don't 'dock' my tablet anyway. I just use Mouse Without Borders which acts as a software KVM, giving me seamless access to the tablet from the same KB/Mouse i'm using on my desktop.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. robmoore

robmoore Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone else confirm that there's a pen loop on the Stand case being sold on Microsoft store online? I don't live near one unfortunately :(

8. sejong

sejong Pen Pal - Newbie

Confirmed, but the loop is designed for the clip of the pen to pass through it, not the pen itself.

9. Marciano

Marciano Pen Pal - Newbie

I bit the bullet and ordered the Kensington KeyFolio Expert (K39532US). No info on the actual dimensions on the thing, and emails to their sales address went unanswered... Worst-case scenario, I'll have to return it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed: it just may be the right solution for someone who, like me, frequently needs a keyboard and likes to hold his/her laptop on his/her lap.

10. gee38l

gee38l Pen Pal - Newbie

I was thinking of getting a similar case can you please let us all know how it goes? Maybe some pics as well?