Series 7 Slate cases

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

The S7S has an 11.6" display - and is wide screen (16:9).

That probably won't work in a case designed for a 10" tablet.

At least that's what I found when I was for cases at Micro Center - anything designed for a 10" tablet or netbook didn't work with the S7S.

2. link1305

link1305 Pen Pal - Newbie

3. domineus

domineus Pen Pal - Newbie

same question as link I am eagerly waiting for an option like that

4. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

5. bxsteez

bxsteez Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm i thought i saw that dimensions matched up nicely but it turns out i was looking at the box size instead of the case size :p

Dang!! I was really hoping the ep121 case would fit but i think that case is way too big.

6. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

This is what I'm using:

[​IMG]

Case Logic 14 Laptop Attach > Laptop > Case Logic

I put the S7S inside the stand case in the back compartment.

In the middle compartment, I put the Samsung keyboard (I was also using an MS 6000 BT keyboard, which is a little larger - but also fit).

In the front compartment, I put the AC adapter & dock. There are pockets for my BT mouse (I have a compact MS mouse), business cards, and one pocket for an HDMI cable and DVI adapter (going to also order a microHDMI to HDMI adapter). Plus there are two pen holders for a digitizer pen (stylus) and a real pen.

On the outside there's a large pocket for additional cables (USB phone cable), screen cleaner, extra stylus tips, etc.

This is designed for a 14" laptop, so it's a little wider than needed for the 11.6" S7S - but it's just about the right size to hold everything I need to make the S7S into a true laptop replacement.

Might be able to get more into the middle compartment - the keyboard doesn't take up much room - though that could be where I store any papers I need to carry with me...

But it's still much smaller and much, much lighter than the backpack for my 17" laptop - and it only cost $35...

7. DuperMan

DuperMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Trying my luck converting a tad bulky Autodesk carrier's bag. I padded it with the soft synthetic fabric which came in the slate's packcaging and the bag itself is a ziplock but should ideally be both good for convertible-tablet duty (once my bt keyboard arrives), carrying and protection. I do not intend to keep my slate running with the bag closed. Am I being damn stupid on the cooling/airflow front?
    Pics will follow, superglue is doing it's thing as I type.

8. webdev511

webdev511 Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up the OEM Samsung Series 7 case at the Santa Clara Microsoft Store. $53.04 including tax.

Slate fits perfectly. rubbery edges help keep the device standing up. It would be nice to have a leather case or even a pen loop, but I'll live with it as is. Too bad the slate doesn't come with it.

9. IndiUser

IndiUser Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello plnguyen,

Did you receive it?

Thank you

10. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

The sales of MS store in Galleria@Houston told me that all the accessories are 25% off even if you buy them separately. And this promotion will expire at Jan 2nd 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.