Series 7 Slate cases

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murix

murix Pen Pal - Newbie

This is what I have been doing. I also switched to my Slate completely from my Macbook which is now serving home computer duties.

I picked up a case Monday from the MS Store and so far am happy. I have the dock for my desk and the case for everywhere else. It really is very easy to take in and out of the case. The case is very nice and gives a lot more options for viewing angles. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the keyboard and accessories when I travel.

2. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

From the local MicroCenter, I picked up a small Case Logic case that holds the slate (in the stand case), keyboard, AC adapter, dock, BT mouse, stylus, USB cable, HDMI cable, HDMI-DVI adapter, cleaning cloth, cell phone airbud headset, business cards, ...

Case Logic 14 Laptop Attach > Laptop > Case Logic

Much, much smaller than what I have been carrying around for my 17" laptop.

3. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

I used to bundle my slate and all my accessories into one stuffy bag. But now with the hard cover case, I carry only cables and keyboard in the bag and keep the slate in hand where it's as easily accessible as a phone. And since I disabled the logon screen, I have instant access and I save some space in the bag. It's more comfortable this way

4. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Ended up driving past the Microsoft store so I went in and got the Samsung case. The employees were surprised anyone knew about the case since they just go them recently and the site doesn't even have them.

Gotta say it is nicer than I expected.. Too bad it clips to the bezel and doesn't hold the glass (in case it starts to detach again). But otherwise it's well worth it.

5. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

I just picked up a case from Burnoaa (ebay)
    I got the Model callled B5SWP (the one I linked to will ONLY fit the Slate and Keyboard), and it will fit the Slate, keyboard, AC adapter, dock and a few cables. Its a tight squeeze but it all goes in there, its like this thing is tailor made for it.it has really nice thickmemory foam. Im very happy with it,and they have tons of sizes. I would probably recommend getting the B5W, just a LITTLE bit more space. But its very nice and stylish, and I received it 2 days after ordering!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Erusman

Erusman Pen Pal - Newbie

I just made my own for $20.00. I picked up a Toshiba Thrive case at the
    local Best Buy. Did a few mods to it. Added some velcro strips. Functions
    well for me. I can lay in bed and surf with a case stand for it. It may stick
    out the edges a bit. But, works for me. :)

Attached Files:

7. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Can the case stand firmly on your lap to allow the slate to be used as a conventional laptop?

8. Erusman

Erusman Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep. The case is tri-fold. The case already is made of a material where velcro "hooks" will attach to it. So you just attach some velcro "hooked side" to the back of your tablet. (I did mine in small 5 dice shaped pattern). Then attached the tablet to the third tri fold. It holds pretty sturdy. Adjusting the angle of the third tri fold allows for your viewing angle and support.

Mods is that you have to cut away the outter assembly on the third tri-fold. There is a leather housing that fit the thrive tablet. Just simply remove this with some scissors. "see the thumbnails" in previous post.

9. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Your mod sounds really cool. Maybe you should post more detailed instructions on which parts to buy and how to make it. Then you can put that on your site or here.

Congrats again! :)

10. bxsteez

bxsteez Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.