Series 7 Slate cases

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by johnmcd, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

I just saw that hte softshell cases are available on ebay. And you guys thought the hardback was expensive... this one is at 62 bucks! I just received my case by the way from Burnoaa (35 inc shipping), it is very nice, the zipper feels a bit flimsy, but Ill post pics when I get my slate and everything is in place. If my calculations are correct, Ill be able to fit everything in there.

2. gadgetseeker

gadgetseeker Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's my DIY case from a notepad portfolio I had in the closet. Two strips of velcro on the back keeps it secure.

Pictures

[​IMG]

Phil

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. NSCE

NSCE Pen Pal - Newbie

I was thinking of doing something similar since I can't get my hands on the real case. Can you post some pictures of the velcro strips?

4. hysonmb

hysonmb Pen Pal - Newbie

I just called Tysons, they got them in yesterday.
    Hopefully they still have some by the time I get out there Friday :D

5. thecakeisalie

thecakeisalie Pen Pal - Newbie

Buy.com claims to have cases in stock - "Very few left in stock" "Ships within 1 business day".. guess we'll see tomorrow :D (Don't feel like driving 2 hours round trip if my local microsoft store has them...)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

This week I've shifted to using my slate for work - and not my laptop.

I'm using both the stand case and the dock. At my desk, I put the slate in the dock and connect the dock to ethernet, HDMI monitor and power. And when I go to a meeting - take the slate out of the dock and quickly snap it into the stand case. And when I come back to my desk, quickly take the slate out of the stand case and back into the dock.

It only takes a few seconds to take the slate in and out of the case.

So while I was initially disappointed that the stand case didn't work in the dock (which would have been ideal) - in practice, it's really not that big of a deal - and I definitely like the solid feel of the stand case - and how it can better protect the slate than the soft sleeve I had been using.

I had 14 days to try out the stand case - and return it to the MS store if it didn't work out. Even though it doesn't work with the dock - it's a keeper - at least for me...

7. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the update...I was hoping it would be something worth using since my S7S already has too many scratches on the back!

8. plnguyen

plnguyen Pen Pal - Newbie

9. IndiUser

IndiUser Pen Pal - Newbie

I have ordered the same when there were 3 in stock :)

Hopefully, it is the same case we are expecting (AA-BS2N11B) as there were no model details any where in the description.

10. SlateLvr

SlateLvr Pen Pal - Newbie

I called the Tysons store on Thursday evening and they said they have got plenty in stock. Went there and got it.

The case is well made. After inserting the slate, the increase in heaviness is immediately noticeable. But not by much. :)

Felt lining on the inside protects the back of the slate as well as the screen. The portion of the case that covers the screen is thin plastic and has a resin like material on the outside and looks very decent without being too glossy.

If it was $25, it would've been appropriate. Samsung should've given this case for free along with the slate instead of milking the customer for more money.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.