Series 7 Slate AC Adapter & Tip

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

That was me....and I would not recommend it for a "straight" in connection...

I have the S7S mounted on the yoke of my airplane and the power connector is coming out of the top at 90 degrees so, it puts enough pressure on the pin to establish a somewhat secure connection! I do wish I could find another adaptaPlug that would "snap" into the power port like the oem tip! I'll look at the Ebay power bricks mentioned but, I do believe I already have one of those with the "blue" light on the brick...that's the one I was using for my Samsung Q1 in the airplane! I cut off the larger tip and soldered the adaptaPlug onto it for the S7S since it was the correct power requirements!

I like that short, two-prong, adapter plug! I don't have a volt, ohm meter so I can't test the output pins on the extension cable that plugs into the wall so, does anyone know for sure if this new two-prong adapter will fit our oem power brick?

Steve S, didn't you post a picture of a shorter cloverleaf extension cable for our power bricks? I think I like this little adapter much better! I'll order one for sure!

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Steve S, didn't you post a picture of a shorter cloverleaf extension cable for our power bricks?..>>

Mike: See the first two posts in this thread...

<<...does anyone know for sure if this new two-prong adapter will fit our oem power brick?..>>

...No. The Samsung OEM AC adapter requires a 3-conductor power cord with a C5 "cloverleaf" connector.

Member bobp has found another suitable adapter that he posted about here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/46319-extra-s7s-ac-adapter-where-get-them.html ; HOWEVER, it uses a 2-conductor power cord with a C7 "figure-8" connector.

These are two different AC adapters!

3. rangerb3

I'm following the thread now! I didn't read the last couple of pages and lost the fact that there was a "two-prong" aftermarket power brick in the mix! I see now that the "shorty" two-prong plug is for "that" power brick from Ebay!

4. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

Can someone explain why the Energizer's 18000mAh doesn't do 3 full charge cycles on the 5520mAh of the S7S battery? or at least 2?

I've been following these portable batteries for a while and I like the ability to fully charge a laptop. It's more versatile than getting a 2nd battery because that would only be specific to that device.

Any news on a higher capacity battery coming out in the near future?

5. WallEye

WallEye Pen Pal - Newbie

UPDATE:

So this adapter just arrived and YAAAAYYYY! It completely works and is charging my slate as I type. As one would assume, it works with the plug directly into the slate and into the dock.

With that, I would like to add, SAMSUNG TECH SUPPORT SUCKS! As you all have seen with everyone contacting them and seeing if this works or not, they still haven't contacted me to let me know if it works, even after I called them directly and notified them to try.

Bottom line: Samsung tech supports sucks, the whole lot of them; and the AA-PA3NS40/US WORKS with the Series 7 Slate!

6. rangerb3

WallEye, does it "snap" into the power hole in the S7S like the power brick that came with the S7S? When plugging in the original charger tip the last 1/8" of insertion "snaps" into the hole which makes for a very secure connection.

I bought the adaptaPlug "G" from Radio Shack which fits into the hole very nicely but, it does not snap into the hole which makes a sloppy connection.

7. Steve S

<<...AA-PA3NS40/US WORKS with the Series 7 Slate...>>

Wall: What are the output numbers marked on this device? 19V DC and... how many amps...?

8. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Steve S

<<...This adapter is 100% compatible...>>

...Yes; I appreciate that, but I'm asking specifically about the AA-PA3NS40...

10. royale

royale Pen Pal - Newbie

be careful, ive just received an ebay sourced PA-1400-14 and i believe it is not the correct one (slate is off for repair so cant be sure)
    The supply itself is fine but the tip is 5.5mm external, 3mm internal.
    There seems to be at least 2 products floating around with the same part number.

Searching around for AA-PA2N40S can also result in the supply i have got, APD-40MH the same too.

Tip code AD-4019P seems to be the key

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.