Series 7 Slate AC Adapter & Tip

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...this will work?..>>

...No! Look at the attachment in Post #2 of this thread! To connect to the Samsung AC adapter, you will need a cord that ends in a C5 "cloverleaf" connector:

IEC 60320 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<<...what is the length of the cord going from the brick to the slate?..>>

...1.68m (5.5')

<<...And would this work?..>>

...There is not enough information to tell. You will need 19V and at least 2.1A, but more amperage is OK (i.e., 45W vs only 40W). There's no way to tell if one of the tips fits, or not...

I believe that this one works, but you will need an adapter plug for your local outlet configuration and possibly a Tekkeon PA-L30 adapter tip. I think someone on the Asus EP121 forum said that this combination worked. (Again, not quite enough information to say for sure.)

http://www.myinnergie.com/mCubeLite/specification.aspx

2. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Steve, youre a gem of a collie!

3. Steve S

<<...youre a gem...>>

...My Collie would take exception to that.

4. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

That innergie looks great! They have a smaller one too! Check this out: Innergie mCube Mini Worlds Smallest 75W Universal Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

That says its 15 and 21 volts at 21 ampere, is that still going to work? EDIt. Should be ok with the specs below, but I cant find this model on their homepage, which i s a bit worrying. I can only find mini chargers for car and airplane use on their homepage. But this one on amazon says it works at home too. Oh wait, i see where I went wrong. "Home and abroad" THis is a car and plane charger. Damn it!

General:

Device Type : Power adapter - car / airplane - external

Width : 6 cm

Depth : 2.6 cm

Height : 1.8 cm

Weight : 66 g

Power Device:

Input Voltage : 12 - 15 V

Output Voltage : 5 / 19.5 V

Power Output Connectors Details : 1 x 4 PIN USB Type A ¦ 1 x power DC jack

Power Provided : 65 Watt

Miscellaneous:

Included Accessories : Carrying pouch

Cables Included : 10 x power connector adaptor

Features : Overheat protection, over current protection, over voltage protection, short-circuit protection

5. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

Is there any consensus on the compatibility of the Slate with the XPAL XP8000?

Obviously the AC Adapter specifies 2.1A max output, while the XP8000 is rated for 2A. I would really prefer buying the XP8000 vs the much more bulky XP18000 if it will work.

IIRC, folks were using the XP8000 with the EP121 which should be very similar to the Slate correct?

6. Steve S

<<...folks were using the XP8000 with the EP121 which should be very similar to the Slate correct?..>>

...I don't recall the XP8000 being mentioned more than once or twice (and I don't remember anything about compatibility), but you are correct that the EP121 and the S7S share essentially identical AC adapter needs right down to the size of the DC plug...

7. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I have the Xpal 1800 (great unit BTW) and the EP121 tip works fine.

Question: Does anyone know if this Innergie DC thing mentioned above will work ; the correct plug that is?

They have a whole line, and as I recall, one of their adapters is actually the one that ASUS uses for the EP121 (rebadged). And I also seem to recall that they have a plug that fits (but my memory is less than reliable. Of course there's Goggle but......lazzzzy :D )

8. Steve S

<<...one of their adapters is actually the one that ASUS uses for the EP121 (rebadged)...>>

...You're looking at it.

<<...I also seem to recall that they have a plug that fits ...>>

...That's the part that I can't remember. I think what I read was that someone used either the Radio Shack Adaptaplug "G" ($10 !! and not the best fit) or the Tekkeon PA-L30 ($3 and good fit) and the combination worked. However, my memory is also hazy on this...

9. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Quite correct, I'm using the Energizer XP 18000 with my S7S using the plug for the EP121 from Energizer and it works perfectly and the homemade cables I have work with the EP121 and S7S work as well though the fit is not quite as good as the Energizer tip.

The S7S & dock, XP 18000 and a light bluetooth mouse and keyboard weigh roughly 4 to 4.5lbs and can give you 10+ hours of runtime, that ain't bad.

I would love to see Samsung build a keyboard dock and battery for the S7S, that's obviously possible with the S7S's port and support pins. I wish I were good with my hands,I'd love to build something like this.

10. Steve S

Just to be sure that everyone is on the same page, alaskajoel is asking about the XP8000, not the XP18000.

Apparently, the XP8000 starts to current limit at 2.0A whereas the S7S's AC adapter is rated for 2.1A.

My guess is that it will still work, but the battery life might suffer a bit due to higher operating temperatures.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.