Series 7 Slate AC Adapter & Tip

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you provide a pointer on the Radio Shack website for the "G" tip?

Looks like the iGo Netbook charger should be enough power for the S7S.

2. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been using the Radio Shack "G" tip and it has some slop to it. The Samsung tip that comes on the OEM brick seems to "click" into the hole of the S7S and the RS tip just slides into the hole with no click allowing it to move enough to have intermittant contact. The tip works but you need to monitor the recharge process to make sure the S7S is continously charging!

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I have been using the Radio Shack "G" tip and it has some slop to it...>>

Mike: EP121 users have reported the same thing about the Radio Shack Adaptatip "G." The consensus is that both the Tekkeon PA-L30 adapter and the Energizer / Xpal AB23 adapter fit better. I have no personal experience with either the RS or the Xpal adapters, so I don't have an opinion about them. However, I use the Tekkeon PA-L30 and can report that its fit in the EP121 is excellent (but also "clickless!"). Still waiting for my S7S...

4. mgs9500

mgs9500 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been following this thread and find many options.

I would appreciate someone posting the power supply and the adapter tip they have been using that works.

There have been multiple power supplies noted and different power tips. A simple
    option for both would be great.

5. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Just came back from visiting the local MS Store and Micro Center. The MS Store had an Series 9 13" laptop and the Micro Center had a Series 9 11.6" laptop.

The adapters for both Series 9 laptops fit perfectly into the S7S - and the slate started charging. I also tested the 13" adapter with the new dock I just picked up, and it also worked with the dock.

Based on this testing, it appears the AC Adapters for the Series 9 laptops fit the S7S.

SamsungParts.com has AC Adapters compatible for both laptops, though the 11.6" is listed for $42 and the adapter for the 13" is listed for over $70 (and requires purchase of a separate power cable).

I've placed an order for the 11.6" Series 9 adapter (BA44-00279A) for $41.87; the part numbers listed for the adapter are PA-1400-14 and AD-4019P - which matches what's on the adapter that came with the S7S.

Hope to have this adapter by mid-week and will post a note once I've confirmed the adapter is 100% compatible with the S7S and dock.

6. roguemat

roguemat Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys. First post here.
    I am getting the 128GB model, and am in South Africa.
    What will I need to get the plug to work here?
    We are 240v.
    Would it just require changing the US plug on the end or will I need an adapter or something?
    Thanks.

7. ksj

ksj Pen Pal - Newbie

You should just need to change the plug. The power supplies input is 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1A.

8. corktrek

corktrek Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone got confirmation the Xpal AB23 tip works with the S7S?

I really want to get started carrying my power pack with me but need a tip first!

Thanks in advance! :)

9. Steve S

<<...Has anyone got confirmation the Xpal AB23 tip works with the S7S?..>>

...Yes. It was reported in another discussion thread. I meant to copy it and post it here, but forgot. If I can find it again, I'll add it to this post.

10. Steve S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.