Series 7 Slate AC Adapter & Tip

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Steve S, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgeffs

dgeffs Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered one from them too and "if it comes" seems to be an appropriate comment. Looks like it might take a while.

2. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Here's another online store with what they claim is a compatible part - using the model number off the back of the adapter that came with my slate:

40w Samsung AA-PA2N40S ADP-40NH AC Adapter charger

But this one claims the plug is 3.0mm x 1.5mm.

Until someone actually gets an adapter in their hands and verifies it works with both the slate and the dock - may be impossible to be sure which (if any) of these actually work...

3. VegasPat73

VegasPat73 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Bob, I didn't quite understand the tip dimension at the time I ordered but I do now. I don't think the one I found will work after looking at images of the connector. I'm going to order the one you posted a link to.

** Perhaps not. I think I'll just wait for an official Samsung S7S adapter when it becomes available...**

4. bobp

Just like the confusion around what is in each S7S configuration, it's also possible there's some confusion from the online stores on the tip dimensions.

I posted a note on the Samsung site about a replacement AC adapter - and hoping to get an official response from them.

Or we can just wait until someone gets a 2nd adapter - and verifies it works with their slate/dock.

It's hard to have patience - and let the market catch up once the slates are out of the "pre-order" mode.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Here's another online store with what they claim is a compatible part - using the model number off the back of the adapter that came with my slate: 40w Samsung AA-PA2N40S ADP-40NH AC Adapter charger But this one claims the plug is 3.0mm x 1.5mm...>>

Bob: This looks to be the correct adapter.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For what it's worth, the response from Targus is that they have one in the lab and "do not have something to meet both the power needs and port size for this device."

That's kind of annoying since the dock doesn't come with a second AC adapter, but at least the other ones seem to be relatively inexpensive.

7. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I found a tip that will plug into the S7S. I got it at Radio Shack and it's called Adaptaplug tip "G" by Enercell. They also had an Adaptaplug replacement socket which can be soldered or butt-spliced onto a power brick of your choice. The part numbers are: 273-324 (tip), 273-350 (cord). I'm going to solder my replacement cord onto a DC to DC power supply that I had purchased for the Q1 Ultra series which also calls for 19vDC.

8. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

You don't need to solder anything if you use the Kensington adapter. I did this a couple days after I received it and it works. The Radio Shack "G" tip fits. NOt a perfect looking connection but it works and for me allows me to use 3 mobile devices.. a Sony Z12, an HP clunker and the Samsung Slate.

9. bobp

It appears the S7S may be using the same AC Adapter as the Series 9 11.6" laptop - which is about the same size & configuration as the S7S. The part numbers are the same - PA-1400-14/AD-4019P.

This adapter is available for purchase through SamsungParts.com, part # is BA44-00279A, and is priced at $41.87.

I'm trying to check with Samsung technical support to confirm this is the same adapter - otherwise I'll see if the local Micro Center has a Series 9 11.6" laptop on display - if so, I'll run over there and visually inspect the adapter - and verify it's the same and that it works in the S7S.

----- update -----

Samsung tech support claims the correct Samsung part number for the S7S adapter is BA44-00272A. Though the tech support person also claimed the correct part number for the S9 11.6" was BA44-00278A, even though the Samsung Parts website claims the part number is BA44-00279A.

May try Micro Center - and see if I can get my hands on a S9 11.6" adapter - and verify this in person...

10. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

Just wanted to confirm my results. I have an iGo laptop kit and last night went to Radio Shack and got their G tip and it works like a charm. The tip is white while the brick and cord are black, but I can just use a permanent marker to make it black :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.