Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea, its actually pretty catastrophical. Like selling a new hybrid convertible car only to realize the damn roof cant be closed. The one greatest selling point is the very thing with the most quality control issues. Alanis Morrisette should have written a song about it.

2. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I was going to send it into Samsung for repair, however the MS Store has offered to exchange. Has anyone had luck with that?

Since I sold my Cintiq once this beauty arrived, I really need a tablet to demo my artwork at my shop. It's in a mall and it's about to get busy. People love to see how you can draw on a computer. Helps me generate interest and increases sales. Terrible timing to send in for repair, but I'm skeptical of a new one not having the issue. Thoughts?

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

The MS Store will exchange it, I had another issue that required repair so I exchanged it and my new Slate has no flex or bezel issues...

4. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Replacement with no issues, eh? That is good news. Thanks for the info. I'm going to try a MS Store exchange then.

Such a wonderful device otherwise. Damn I hope this works.

5. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

If you exchange it, open that baby up right there in the store and fire her up, make sure everything is ok.

6. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah I wish, it's the online store. They said this will extend the online store warranty for returns and exchanges another 30 days though. So should it be another dud I won't be stuck with it.

7. JoeRomeo

JoeRomeo Pen Pal - Newbie

Just exchanged mine in person at a Microsoft Store without a problem. They even checked serial numbers in the back room so I ended up leaving with a CBC model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.