Series 7 - Screen Sitting Above Bezel Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alvarez13, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigmuzzy

Bigmuzzy Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is a little bit raised, like in one of the pictures above and it didn't get worse. However I noticed today a tiny speck of dust got under the screen. So... it does get worse even if it doesn't get worse :(

2. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn it, this makes me so pissed off at Samsung, and I haven't even got mine yet!

3. timpaatkins

timpaatkins Scribbler - Standard Member

I was on a Swedish forum for tablets, and happened to wander in to the Samsung Galaxy Tab section, and apparently they had some issues with screen separation too when they handed out 5000 free Samsung galaxy tabs at a conference. The explanation given was that

"they where all hand made to meet the tight deadline for the conference, but all those problems should disappear when the units go in to full production"

I guess they fixed the issue, because I couldn't find more articles about it. But seriously, they go and do the EXACT same mistake with their newest product? What are you playing at Samsung?

Check it out here and here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. bkydcmpr

bkydcmpr Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tried a powerful vacuum like the shop vacuum? As I remembered all electronic parts need to stand dozens of pounds pull so they are supposed to be safe.

5. earwolf

earwolf Pen Pal - Newbie

I am NOT purchasing until I can be sure I don't have to babysit this device - reglueing, clamping, vacuuming? Errr no thanks!

6. jamesT

jamesT Pen Pal - Newbie

Awwww snap. Mine just popped up on the bottom today something terrible. Adhesive has given, after just a few weeks. Thankfully no dust has made it under the screen, but it's definitely broken loose. It creaks and cracks when pressing on that area. Called Samsung, sending it in for repair right away. They're paying for shipping, 1-2 week turnaround they say.

Damn, thought I had dodged this bullet. I hope they glue the hell outta this thing, because otherwise it's easily the best gadget I've ever owned!

For some reason, I'm optimistic this will get fixed, though. I feel sending it in rather than replacing is the better route. Seems like the flaw is in the assembly line. The odds of a new one being solid are doubtful. I want someone to personally cement this thing down. Either way, I'll post the outcome. Boo.

7. Bigmuzzy

Bigmuzzy Pen Pal - Newbie

The screen is just slightly raised, that's why I was surprised by the spec. There's no opening, the dust just weasled its way underneath since its not a tight seal so I don't think air will reach that spot from a vacuum.

8. MadMike

MadMike Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, im from Germany. Few days ago, I've received my S7s. It's a french version and I have the bezel problem, too. My left corner is slightly raised (about 2-3mm). the right upper corner about 1mm. So also the european versions have this problem. until now I can't recognize dust or somethig else under the screen, but I think, I'll look for an exchange. I'm really pissed off, cause this tablet generally is a great working tool.

9. hp79

hp79 Scribbler - Standard Member

Not really anything of course.. They just want to sell.

I'm not really too worried about the screen lifting as mine isn't really getting any worse at the moment. I will probably send it in some time before the warranty expires. When I flash a light on the screen from the side, I can see there's a smudge inside the screen on upper right corner. Not visible at all with normal light condition, but it still bothers me that I know it's there now.

10. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it just me, or does this issue take the cake :D

I mean, it's always something, of course, but this one is a doozy for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.